Comic Book thread

Started by Gold Man, October 29, 2013, 03:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who thinks an SWBF Comic Book series would be a great idea?

Yes, I think it's a great idea!
7 (58.3%)
Eh, it could work.
2 (16.7%)
I don't really care.
2 (16.7%)
No, it's an awful idea...
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 13, 2013, 08:43:21 AM

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 30, 2013, 02:38:39 PM
So something like a small comic series? Or a lot of different short stories in one book? I was thinking of starting off small, not something full-blown off the bat like a massive volume of comics or anything. :P
You know, like how most periodic webcomics seem to work. The majority of them have a few panels and that's it for the week.
Eventually they begin to snow-ball with increased interest and they end up being convoluted narratives with obsessive fandoms.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on October 30, 2013, 02:43:42 PM
You know, like how most periodic webcomics seem to work. The majority of them have a few panels and that's it for the week.
Eventually they begin to snow-ball with increased interest and they end up being convoluted narratives with obsessive fandoms.

Ah, so sort of how TCW had it's own comic book going on the Star Wars website for a few seasons, I see. Yeah, that could work actually. I would go on about how we would get it shown to everyone and what not, but one thing at a time. :P

I dunno, should the work be done in secret (having a separate board for the comic book guys within SWBFGamers), or should the whole community be allowed to see the progression? :)

After a bit of thought, I think it would be better of the whole audience didn't see the man behind the curtain waving his hands around going nuts, but rather watching the big interested green floating face--er, nice story playing out in a colorful, attention capturing scene.

October 30, 2013, 08:10:30 PM #18 Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:22:06 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 30, 2013, 07:47:36 PM
After a bit of thought, I think it would be better of the whole audience didn't see the man behind the curtain waving his hands around going nuts, but rather watching the big interested green floating face--er, nice story playing out in a colorful, attention capturing scene.

I can't remember when I've posted so much in one day on here. :P

Regardless, I do kind of agree with you that the community should perhaps see the finished product, not really see the whole progression (we want to have entertained readers, not bored ones). Perhaps release a few panels here and there while we make the first part, and then from there they will have to wait for the next few panels to come out over a weekly basis. :)

In short, do what Unit said already. :P

EDIT: I guess we should know who's on board with this, eh? I was suggesting you guys could PM me if you're wanting to work on the comic books, that way I could make up a list, and perhaps request to Led that we have a separate board to work on it, unless you guys just want to post that you want to be apart of it, and I'l just make the list here. :P