New
10 (66.7%)
Old
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: August 02, 2013, 05:13:25 PM

July 28, 2013, 07:44:51 PM #15 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:56:43 AM by Shazam
Quote from: Buckler on July 28, 2013, 04:57:16 PM
YAK is a pickup team.  Give them some time to organize, please.

In other news, I have already made YAK and FC private boards.  Use them if you want.  Or not.  I will try to find
all members, but you may need to request to be put in the group.

Thank you, Buckler!

Anyone wanting to help YAK, I have made a YAK Recruitment Thread for you to sign up in. (Or you can send me a private message)

Spread the word!

-edit:  Oven, I would like to represent YAK, if at all possible.  I had fun doing it in the ICW1, and so far no one has offered to represent.  If you believe it could work, there would need to be a non-biased, third-party admin at YAK matches. (I'm not saying that I am biased, but it would relieve unwanted tension if a third-party was present.)

Since Helios will be playing for FC and I will be playing for YAK, it would be best if we had a forth admin that was clanless or not in YAK/FC, anyway.

Will european clans (Enten, UEF) be allowed to play their maps on european servers? Both clans can host.
Unleashed Elemental Forces - Professional esport since 2005

Since Birdosrus resignation as leader of WUSI, some of us WUSI will consider joining if minimap HACK is 100% banned.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 30, 2013, 12:14:43 AM
Since Birdosrus resignation as leader of WUSI, some of us WUSI will consider joining if minimap HACK is 100% banned.
Get them to cast their vote here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6881.0 if you don't want it allowed ;)

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 30, 2013, 12:14:43 AM
Whatever the minimap hack is, that is not relevant to the ICW3. The radar mod being voted on in that thread is not a hack since it modifies the LVL not EXE. Please stop spreading misinformation.

August 01, 2013, 06:06:42 PM #20 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:26:51 PM by Oven
Update.

0. I have had colossal connection problems these last couple days, but it should not happen again. For the rest of the summer I should be able to devote at least some time daily to managing things here.

1. Shazam's 50/50 radar suggestion has now been turned into a law. Details will follow, but possibly we will disable radar on mod maps and turn it on for everyone on stock maps. If anyone else has good ideas about how to determine which maps will be radar, post here.

2. WUSI, I hope you will consider entering.

3. Here is a current list of the ICW admins, in order of seniority:

Oven
Shazam

This is the official chain of command. Shazam has a special role: in the event of my absence when an important decision must be made, he is authorized to pull rank and enforce an executive decision by any means he deems necessary.

Helios is no longer an admin. He leaves on good terms, and I thank him sincerely for helping spur the ICW3 into action. But the more non-neutral the admin team is (perceived to be), the harder it becomes to accomplish anything. Fact of life.

Take special care to note that birdosrus is not on the list. He won't be on any future updated lists either.

Any future admin decisions must be authorized by me, and I have total power to fire an admin at any time. Right now we are looking for a Euro admin, any ideas?

4. The ICW3 rules are the exact same as the ICW2, with the exception of the new radar rule. Here is the link the the Rules thread.

5.We should get this thing started soon. How about Shazam or I starts the Week 1 thread this Sunday?

6. What's the consensus on the map list?

Most Europeans  that know about this tournament have already been assigned to teams so you maybe struggle to find a "neutral" admin.
I guess it is the best option there is to go 50/50.
Sunday is great for me and (212th).
As far as I am aware there has been no great deal of disagreement with using the same map pack but I am guessing if it is going to be anti radar it will need to be downloaded again.

August 01, 2013, 06:23:24 PM #22 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:31:37 PM by Oven
Another rule (borrowed from ICA): If two clans can agree on a 3rd party "admin" of any stripe for a match, then they're approved by me to adjudicate that match. If the two clans cannot agree, the admin will have to be me, Shazam, or any of the admins who may be added to the official list in the future (probably 1 or 2).

Lastly, please don't give up on sending me PMs, I swear I read them, I've just been having connection problems recently. PM and xfire (ovenlovesyou) are still the best ways to reach me.

August 01, 2013, 09:07:28 PM #23 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:16:35 PM by Shazam
Oven, what if we let the attacking clan choose whether or not they would like radar to be used in the battle and have the defender decide era and team (or vice-versa)?  My 50/50 idea was originally made so that half the maps would disallow radar, and the other half would be normal.  That doesn't really solve how we will decide which battles will be on normal maps and which will be on the anti-radar ones.

Oh, and since the poll votes are very close, I think we should just have a mixture of new and old maps.

We've never used the winning maps from the SWBFgamers map pack poll, why not use some of them?
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5929.msg63112#msg63112

You could alternate it on a weekly basis. Week 1 has radar, week 2 doesn't, etc.

August 02, 2013, 03:21:02 AM #25 Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:59:00 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Shazam on August 01, 2013, 09:07:28 PM
Oven, what if we let the attacking clan choose whether or not they would like radar to be used in the battle and have the defender decide era and team (or vice-versa)?  My 50/50 idea was originally made so that half the maps would disallow radar, and the other half would be normal.  That doesn't really solve how we will decide which battles will be on normal maps and which will be on the anti-radar ones.
That would be very difficult and not a good solution because it would require 2 mod maps per map, one with radar allowed (default) and one with forced no radar. Having to switch between them for every map would be tedious, and would require 20 custom mission LVL and addon maps, instead of just 10. So there would actually be 40 maps using this method, not 20. See my suggested idea below:

Quote from: Oven on August 01, 2013, 06:06:42 PM
1. Shazam's 50/50 radar suggestion has now been turned into a law. Details will follow, but possibly we will disable radar on mod maps and turn it on for everyone on stock maps. If anyone else has good ideas about how to determine which maps will be radar, post here.

4. The ICW3 rules are the exact same as the ICW2, with the exception of the new radar rule. Here is the link the the Rules thread.

6. What's the consensus on the map list?

In order to enforce no radar policy on mod maps, the mission.lvl for each map will have to be reconstructed, and call on custom side LVLs. These side LVL could be made by sleepkiller (if he was willing) and are modified in various ways such that a person cannot simply replace those sides with their radar-enabled modified stock sides, or their game will crash.

Buckler and I would be willing to help with the mission LUA reconstruction, so if SK or anyone else wants to help develop the sides that would be helpful.

We need to know if the official map list from ICW2 is being used again, or if there are any changes to the maps chosen. I suggest the following changes:
- REPLACE wookieland with dagobah swamps (by SK)
- REPLACE kashyyyk docks with naboo theed

This would mean there is a 50-50 stock to mod map ratio. In the ICW2 map list there are 10 stock and 10 mod maps, so the ICW map list would look as follows.

Stock planets with radar optional:
- Kamino Cloning Facility
- Endor Bunker
- Naboo Theed
- Yavin 4 Arena
- Tatooine Mos
- Tatooine Jabba (considered stock in this case)
- Bespin Cloud City
- Bespin Platforms
- Rhen Var Citadel
- Rhen Var Harbor

Mod maps (which need to be updated first) with radar not allowed:
- Coruscant Streets
- Eddies Kastel
- Dagobah Swamps
- Mustafar Refinery
- Dantooine Dust
- Earth Egypt
- Earth Russia
- Utapau Sinkhole
- Tranquan Tech Center
- Hoth Caves

Suggested New Maplist:
(theed replaced with temple, hoth caves replaced with mygeeto)

Large Planets:
- Yavin IV: Arena + Temple [YES RADAR]
- Tatooine: Mos Eisley + Jabba [YES RADAR]
- Rhen Var: Citadel + Harbor [YES RADAR]
- Bespin Cloud City + Platforms [YES RADAR]
- Earth Egypt + Russia [NO RADAR]

Small Planets:
- Kamino Cloning Facility [YES RADAR]
- Endor Bunker [YES RADAR]
- Coruscant Streets   [NO RADAR]
- Eddies Kastel      [NO RADAR]
- Dagobah Swamps   [NO RADAR]
- Mustafar Refinery   [NO RADAR]
- Dantooine Dust   [NO RADAR]
- Utapau Sinkhole   [NO RADAR]
- Tranquan Tech Center   [NO RADAR]
- Mygeeto War Torn City   [NO RADAR]

Phobos, I agree with your map selection, except I would like Bespin Platforms removed or have vehicles removed.  That map always turns into a spawn-killing spree by whomever gets the vehicles first, and it's never fun for the team getting spawn killed.  I really like the map layout, though, and I know it could be fun without vehicles.

August 02, 2013, 07:11:13 AM #27 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:14:52 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Shazam on August 02, 2013, 05:12:50 AM
Phobos, I agree with your map selection, except I would like Bespin Platforms removed or have vehicles removed.  That map always turns into a spawn-killing spree by whomever gets the vehicles first, and it's never fun for the team getting spawn killed.  I really like the map layout, though, and I know it could be fun without vehicles.
I am willing to send my modified bes1.lvl (with turrets disabled) to whoever hosts the map. And you can modify the mission lua for entityflyer = 0 to remove planes, this way it is forced infantry only combat. I agree the map is much better without vehicles or turrets.

I would not object to vehicles being removed from other maps either such as Utapau and Theed, but it is up to the admins.

August 02, 2013, 07:20:34 PM #28 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:27:02 PM by Oven
Quote from: SleepKiller on August 01, 2013, 09:15:51 PM
You could alternate it on a weekly basis. Week 1 has radar, week 2 doesn't, etc.
Yes, this was another idea I had. Phobos, will it be pretty easy to make all the changes to the mods within a week?

The map list you suggest looks fine to me.

Also, how many clans are in this thing? I need to know soon because we (=Unit) have to get the home planets assigned, and the map made. I'd like to have everything squared with the W1 thread posted by Monday at the latest.

To my knowledge, here is the current list of clans who are either definitely or probably going to participate:

Entenclan
FC
UEF
YAK
TcF (probable)

It would be lovely to have 7 clans. If this eventuates, perhaps we should add another map so each clan can start with 1 large planet (with 2 maps) and 1 small (1 map), for a grand total of 21.

Then the large planets would be the obvious pairs from Phobos's list, and additionally we may have to make some non-obvious pairings (e.g. yavin and naboo) to even things out.

Finally (or at least until the next edit), I will go over the rules and post an official ICW3 rule thread, with updated info. This will be up no later than the Week 1 thread.

August 03, 2013, 04:19:12 AM #29 Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:59:18 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Oven on August 02, 2013, 07:20:34 PM
Yes, this was another idea I had. Phobos, will it be pretty easy to make all the changes to the mods within a week?

The map list you suggest looks fine to me.

sorry but i really dont have much time this week to work on these mods, maybe buckler can try to get them done sooner for you.

Suggested New Maplist:
(theed replaced with temple, hoth caves replaced with mygeeto)

Large Planets:
- Yavin IV: Arena + Temple [YES RADAR]
- Tatooine: Mos Eisley + Jabba [YES RADAR]
- Rhen Var: Citadel + Harbor [YES RADAR]
- Bespin Cloud City + Platforms [YES RADAR]
- Earth Egypt + Russia [NO RADAR]

Small Planets:
- Kamino Cloning Facility [YES RADAR]
- Endor Bunker [YES RADAR]
- Coruscant Streets   [NO RADAR]
- Eddies Kastel      [NO RADAR]
- Dagobah Swamps   [NO RADAR]