ICW2 Conclusion; A Proposal

Started by Oven, January 16, 2013, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 19, 2013, 05:53:26 AM #30 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:01:11 AM by Agent Z
Quote from: SirPimped on January 18, 2013, 10:23:18 PM
Back when PLA servers had between 20 – 32 players, I would use a certain way to grade myself for performance. I used 1 point for kills, -1 for deaths, and 3 points for CPs. Maybe something like that?

I was thinking two seperate scores; one for your averaged KDR and a seperate one for your CP capture count, but I like your idea better. It would be very easy to calculate individual end-game scores with your method.

What would we call this score, though? It's not really a KDR or a capture count... We may need to make up a new term. How do you like "KDCCR" or "KDCPCR"? Kill Death CP Capture Ratio? :P

Quote from: Agent Z on January 19, 2013, 05:53:26 AM
What would we call this score, though? It's not really a KDR or a capture count... We may need to make up a new term. How do you like "KDCCR" or "KDCPCR"? Kill Death CP Capture Ratio? :P
KDCR
kill-death-capture ratio

Well I never used it as a ratio, just a total points-per-game scale. Volume of points rather than percentage.

i think this is an awesome idea, i always thought someone should do this. Does anyone plan on makeing yak again or do i need to clan up.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

January 19, 2013, 10:29:45 AM #34 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:54:58 AM by Agent Z
Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on January 19, 2013, 10:16:07 AM
i think this is an awesome idea, i always thought someone should do this. Does anyone plan on makeing yak again or do i need to clan up.

If we go with the system I proposed, there will be no need for YAK or ELK.

@Oven:  I know the ICW is kinda your thing, but can I help you organize this? I don't really want to be an in-game admin, but I would love to help get this going. I think we should schedule 3 battles for next week; one on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Then you would need to sort out timezones. For most Euros 5 est is the latest that they can make it.

Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 19, 2013, 11:26:11 AM
Then you would need to sort out timezones. For most Euros 5 est is the latest that they can make it.

What if we spread out the match times and scheduled Friday battles to start at 4:00 PM EST, Saturday battles at 2:00 PM EST, and Sunday battles at 12:00 PM EST? That would allow participants from other timezones to have a fair shot at being able to come to battles.

Most schools get out at 3:30 here.... -peanut

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

awards?
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

seems like for next year xd
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: [FC]Elite on January 25, 2013, 07:41:05 AM
awards?
They are being made.. But Goldman is busy. Just have patience   :whip:

Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 25, 2013, 08:40:47 AM
They are being made.. But Goldman is busy. Just have patience   :whip:

I have a feeling waiting on Gm will not prove a waste. He will come up with something good  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Norris on January 25, 2013, 10:54:40 AM

I have a feeling waiting on Gm will not prove a waste. He will come up with something good  :tu:

Again guys, sorry I have been busy (recently finished exams, and also helping with a kitchen reno still), but I do hope to get the awards out soon.