Courtyard Bash - Idea

Started by SleepKiller, August 21, 2012, 08:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have an idea for a new tournament event, as in a one off battle we show up we fight we go home. Everyone is happy. The idea is courtyard duels, you may or may not be familiar with the concept of courtyard duels. Simply put, two guys step into the courtyard from opposite sides and fight to the death.

Now my idea is we have an event one weekend were we all met up at a server and dual each other. At first two people could be randomly called forth and then the winner would receive challengers from the other players. Some would would be keeping track of the wins of each player. At the end of the evnt we add up the total wins and we find out who won.

A very simple rule-set is what I have in mind.
-No Cursing/Cussing during the event.
-It would take place on my Controlled Courtyard Duels map to limit interferance. (It is a simple server side mod that puts a barrier around the courtyard.)
-Any mods would be aloud I see nothing that can really give someone an advantage in a courtyard duel, as long as it doesn't crash your game you could come with as many mods as you would want.
-No interfering with a duel. Breaking this would result is disqualification.

What do you guys think of this? Should we give a go at doing it? Should a rule be added or removed? I want your feedback!

Would these tournys be a DC ( <--  :cheer: ) or a server? ( <--  :td:
::)

August 21, 2012, 09:28:47 PM #2 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:56:48 PM by Phobos
I suggest you enable a mission mod for fair sides, like giving both teams reb and imp pilots to make it more of an even playing field. I'd like to see mortar vs mortar, shotgun vs shotgun, rocket vs rocket, etc.

It sounds pretty fun overall

Quote from: Phobos on August 21, 2012, 09:28:47 PM
I suggest you enable a mission mod for fair sides, like giving both teams reb and imp pilots to make it more of an even playing field. I'd like to see mortar vs mortar, shotgun vs shotgun, rocket vs rocket, etc.

It sounds pretty fun overall

In line with Phobos perhaps the challenger chooses a class? then both have to use the same class to fight with.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Sounds good, does the barrier mod allow people to access health and ammo droids or not I have never played on one before?

you are using zeroeditor barriers right?

Quote from: {212} Nixo on August 22, 2012, 01:21:54 PM
Sounds good, does the barrier mod allow people to access health and ammo droids or not I have never played on one before?

There are openings to allow players to get into the courtyard and out of the courtyard to the ammo bots.  It it basically something to keep players from interrupting the fight by shooting from the walkway and such.  Also, you can walk out through the blue bars using this mod and stand on top of the clear roof and watch the duel if you want.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Looks good to me, I might have time during the next few months for something like that!  :cheer:
I just can't seem to stay away...