SWBF leaderboards - Sign up thread

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 12, 2012, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well ik im not going to participate in the 4v4, but the thing is if i did participate id get Gdh92 to rank me i wouldnt rank myself.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I'll join also I'll ask my clan about this for the teams thing.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 13, 2012, 06:45:33 AM
I agree. All I recommend is that the Admins don't participate in the 4v4. You cant really cheat on 1v1.
I already said I wouldn't do 4on4 and hopefully very few of the 1on1s will need admins ;).  Also if anyone doesn't want me or Sev to participate and doesn't want it public feel free to private message one of us.
Quote from: Commando Sev on August 12, 2012, 05:31:50 PM
Lol Gdh u forgot bout adding me that's ok but ya I'll participate
Sorry Sev I assumed you did but wanted to check with you first.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Nah its all good u had alot going on with all that typing up the rules
:tu:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I'm willing to participate in the 1on1 tourny  :tu:
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

[LK]wiz.merlin and [LK]bans.knight will be competing in the individual category.

it will be either [LK]drgn.knight or [LK]bans.knight
depending if he gerts denoted or not

I want to participate in the 1on1 tourny
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Is this going to be on any map? or a mod map? Or just cloud city?

It will be Cloud City and Mos Eisley (says in the 'both' section of the rules). I would have liked to do more maps but I don't want to use up too much server space and I would like to keep it on the official servers. For now we will use unmodded maps since glitching and mods aren't allowed in the tournaments but if we get problems we might have to use a map like the tournament version of cloud city. I also want to avoid using addon maps so new players can join without having to learn how to use them straight away.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Can we add Rhen Var? A lot of people like that map..

August 14, 2012, 11:22:34 AM #27 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:26:01 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on August 14, 2012, 11:08:13 AM
Can we add Rhen Var? A lot of people like that map..
I originally had it in the list but I can't really justify having 6 servers up all the time. Sorry.

Quote from: [LK]Merlin on August 14, 2012, 11:20:18 AM
confirmed [LK]drgn.knight
Changed. Also I see [LK] has quite a few members so maybe you could have a team aswell and show the older battlefront clans how it's done. :)

August 14, 2012, 11:43:01 AM #28 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:03:26 PM by Phobos
gdh92 just told me on xfire that map skin mods like cloud city twilight are not allowed. I will be removing myself from this tournament unless this rule is changed. I expect others may also lose interest for being forced to use stock map skins in duels. I had enough of that in Sk's tournament that ugly orange skin on cloud city is just too unbearable. maybe someone else can set up a leaderboards/tournament with not so many restrictions?

i really hope the 'transparency' issue is not the reason why because transparency can be added to player skins just as easily as building skins.

If you had let me get further than than saying 'technically no' before swearing at me and calling me a hater you might learn something. Before you logged off I was trying to say that although I don't want skins like the transparent skin if you told the person you were playing I couldn't see a problem with that skin.
I want this tournament to be more relaxed than others but I put a blanket ban on mods so that there were no 'gray areas' and so new players can enjoy it aswell. For the record I have alot of respect for the work you do and have in the past stood up for your mods but all I've done is tried to make a way for people to have a bit of extra enjoyment in this game and I don't want to be abused for it especially through private messanging when I'm not even doing anything with battlefront. (I don't mind general conversations if I'm on x-fire).
I'll take your name down but hopefully we can work this out.