odf help

Started by (DW)skelltor, December 23, 2009, 09:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
how do i make a new wepon odf when i try to make a new file thing the onaly option are rich text text and unicode text all i want to do is make a advanced sniper rifle it can use the same ord file but i want to make it fire faster but also keep the old sniper rifle also how do i get one sides wepons in to another side ant help woulde be great

thanks skelltor

woops sorry i had two mpc tabs open and one was releases the other was mod factory sorry again

I would star playing with these values. Does anyone know which one will give the exact effect skelltor wants?

taken from with in the odf file name rep_weap_inf_rifle

SpreadPerShot       = "1.1"
SpreadRecoverRate   = "4.8"
SpreadThreshold     = "1.6"
SpreadLimit         = "6.0"

StandStillSpread    = "0.0"
StandMoveSpread     = "0.0"
CrouchStillSpread   = "0.0"
CrouchMoveSpread    = "0.0"
ProneStillSpread    = "0.0"
ProneMoveSpread     = "0.0"

RoundsPerClip     = "60"
ReloadTime        = "1.5"
ShotDelay         = "0.2"
TriggerSingle     = "0"

SalvoCount        = "1"
SalvoDelay        = "0.0"
InitialSalvoDelay = "0.0"
SalvoTime         = "0.0"

OrdnanceName      = "rep_weap_inf_rifle_ord"

i would make the same changes in the other odf file rep_weap_inf_sniperrifle

thanks but i know how to make it fire faster but what i want to know is how to make a full new odf or do i just need to edit a prexisting one??

just create new text document and copy and paste a sniper odf into there and change some lines. then go to save as and type (ie: imp_weap_inf_supersniper.odf) be sure to add a .odf to the end . here's a video of a super sniper rifle i made. http://www.xfire.com/video/cde17/
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

thanks that works great u have been a ton of help thanks again

Skelltor, I limited myself to working with odf files in a way that keeps them online compatiable. When I am done I end up with a troop that has a very different look, but with weapons very cool. I like the fact that when I am done with the troops I can go into any server and see my friends in very different looks.