New & Removed Boards

Started by Ultimo, May 26, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 26, 2014, 05:02:19 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:11:13 PM by Whisper
As discussed in a previous thread, which was meant to be under a different topic, the idea for removing some boards and possibly adding others to improve organization was presented.

I also believe Unit33 showed me a quote from LED recently... something about too many boards already. ;)

I present to you my own layout-of-sorts for how I believe the boards could come to be arranged and hopefully much more organized, and not as confusing because these boards have become more broad, while still keeping in a good subject.

-------------------------------

Categories:
-General
-Games
-Modding
-Community

Forums:
-General
• Forum News and Rules (Add a Child Board for the Member's Only board under this board)
• Welcome Center (With "Scummies" Board)
• Star Wars (New Board for general talk about Star Wars movies, books, and etc. excluding games)
• Off Topic (New Board for posts that don't fit anywhere else)
• Site Feedback

-Gaming
• Star Wars Battlefront (New Board for Battlefront 1, 2, and the EA reboot)
• GameRanger and Tunngle
• Other Games (Add a Child Board for the Arcade Games Forum redirect under this board)

-Modding
• Modding Tutorials
• Projects & Requests (Add a Child Board for JDee's Battlefront 1.5 under this board)
• Released Maps, Mods, and Assets (Move completions from the above board to this board)
• 3D Modeling, Animation, and Texturing

-Community
• Gallery (New Board to replace the Art Gallery and Videos and Screenshots boards)
• Clan Discussion
• Tech Support

-------------------------------

The Current number of Boards(including child boards) is 28. (Excluding children, 25)
The number of boards after My Idea(including child boards) is 19. (Excluding children, 15)
That makes a total of 9 boards that could be removed, under the idea I presented.

I hope you like this idea. Could be helpful later on. Feel free to suggest how we could make this idea better too, if possible. :)
Thanks for your attention!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

May 26, 2014, 05:17:23 PM #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:53:07 PM by Led
I'll update this as I dig into your post:

-Clan Discussion and Members Only are where they are at based on the fact that unregistered users can not see those boards.  I will consider merging them.  There are also a bunch of private clan boards that you do not see under that general heading.

For most purposes, Child Boards may as well not exist.  I know that I rarely see them as I browse the forum.  We have several modding boards for specializations.  I can consider moving some of them as children of Modding, but see my first sentence.

Other than that, most of the specialized boards were put there at the request of someone.  The fact that they are not very active makes me think we may not have needed them to begin with, but it is kind of a toss up.  I want people to find the information they want (easily) without have too many boards to wade through.

I could make Star Wars discussion a child of general.  But not much else is really posted in General.  We are not a high traffic controversial website, so not a lot goes on here.  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yeah. That makes sense. Thanks! :)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper