The real truth why SWBF died

Started by WusiBabyEater, July 26, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Banman on July 26, 2013, 07:36:38 PM
Actually there were some PLAs that brough to Ententeich the PLA Server rules.
Do not ask  me who. I didnt take a pic or wrote it somewhere, but i know some PLAs did, and i wont lie, i insulted them bcuz it pissed me off.
Also ive tried to post this 3 times, but i got this message the whole time, lol:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I will also tell you that PLA has probably has the most faked members in the entirety of SWBF. 

So this tells me nothing, other than you just wanted to make a non-specific post about something that may or may not have happened by an actual PLA member.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

6lb bream ? wasnt he in pla ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

So the whole gist of this topic is to gang up on Buckler/Led on his own forum?

Uh... What the?

I'm just going to point out the obvious here for those who lack the observance to see just that.

Now I haven't played SWBFI online since the "server purge" simply because I can't.

Anyways if Led was really banning people left and right on servers because you wouldn't follow rules or something, why can you still view this website? Why hasn't he blocked your IP because you spoke out against him? Why is this topic still open so that people can complain about Led at all? Why hasn't he locked it?

Just some of my observations.

Now onto my thoughts.
Personally, I like to play my games with rules. It's like playing any (real) sport and playing a team or a person who cheats. It's not fun. It's also not fun when you do something good for your team and the other team starts cussing and throwing a tantrum. I'm the same with my few games I play. I don't like cussing because it's immature. I don't care if you just finished middle school and it's cool to say bad words. It's still immature. Granted the majority of SWBFI players are teenagers who cuss more than anything else but it's still not right. Imagine that you are in a 5th grade class room and you start cussing up a storm. Will you feel good about yourself? This is more moral than game playing but it should apply anywhere in your life.

It's a star wars video game. Don't you guys think you are taking all of this stuff a little to far? I'm sure psyc0fred and the other developers would love to see this thread and think, those are the loyal SWBF fans who have played this game since 2004...

Quote from: Banman on July 26, 2013, 07:44:06 PM
6lb bream ? wasnt he in pla ?

Read what I wrote above.  If you want to discuss this particular issue any more, you can contact me by xfire or by PM.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 26, 2013, 07:46:56 PM
So the whole gist of this topic is to gang up on Buckler/Led on his own forum?

Uh... What the?

I'm just going to point out the obvious here for those who lack the observance to see just that.

Now I haven't played SWBFI online since the "server purge" simply because I can't.

Anyways if Led was really banning people left and right on servers because you wouldn't follow rules or something, why can you still view this website? Why hasn't he blocked your IP because you spoke out against him? Why is this topic still open so that people can complain about Led at all? Why hasn't he locked it?

Just some of my observations.

Now onto my thoughts.
Personally, I like to play my games with rules. It's like playing any (real) sport and playing a team or a person who cheats. It's not fun. It's also not fun when you do something good for your team and the other team starts cussing and throwing a tantrum. I'm the same with my few games I play. I don't like cussing because it's immature. I don't care if you just finished middle school and it's cool to say bad words. It's still immature. Granted the majority of SWBFI players are teenagers who cuss more than anything else but it's still not right. Imagine that you are in a 5th grade class room and you start cussing up a storm. Will you feel good about yourself? This is more moral than game playing but it should apply anywhere in your life.

It's a star wars video game. Don't you guys think you are taking all of this stuff a little to far? I'm sure psyc0fred and the other developers would love to see this thread and think, those are the loyal SWBF fans who have played this game since 2004...

I wasn't picking on led at all. He just edited my post to seem like I was. He just wanted this to be about him and leave the most important thing out.
If you haven't opened your eyes and looked at our society 80% of 12 year olds cuss these days so I have no idea where you were getting with your point.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
If you haven't opened your eyes and looked at our society 80% of 12 year olds cuss these days so I have no idea where you were getting with your point.
I thought I was pretty clear but my point is that cussing is immature. I'm not sure adults will disagree. You realize that you too will be an adult one day and that means you have to be mature!  :ohmy: Shocker!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 26, 2013, 08:10:44 PM
I thought I was pretty clear but my point is that cussing is immature. I'm not sure adults will disagree. You realize that you too will be an adult one day and that means you have to be mature!  :ohmy: Shocker!
Pretty sure I'm allowed to cuss if I'm legally allowed to watch rated R movies.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
I wasn't picking on led at all. He just edited my post to seem like I was. He just wanted this to be about him and leave the most important thing out.

The only thing I edited was your rant about radar and a particular other person in SWBF.

You know the point.  Make your own server.  You can invite all the cussing 12 year olds.  Please.  Encourage them to stay off PLA servers.  The PLA servers are for the remaining 20%.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

You can cuss all you want.  But not without consequence if I catch it happening in my servers.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 08:17:20 PM
Your not getting my point. I was saying that cussing is immature.

I also like how everyone blames kishan for swbf dying without looking at led. Kishan actually helped swbf and a lot of people are ignorant and people like led like to hold grudges with people who are threaten his authority.

Have you have wondered why nobody has skill in your server?because you ban all the good players.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 08:24:53 PM
I also like how everyone blames kishan for swbf dying without looking at led. Kishan actually helped swbf and a lot of people are ignorant and people like led like to hold grudges with people who are threaten his authority.

Have you have wondered why nobody has skill in your server?because you ban all the good players.

Kishan is the only one that is banned.  And it is not like that has ever kept him out of the server.  People play where they want to play.  Spend some money--make your own server, and get all the good people back.  I might even join it so that I can get owned by all those good players.

Quote from: Buckler on July 26, 2013, 08:29:54 PM
Kishan is the only one that is banned.  And it is not like that has ever kept him out of the server.  People play where they want to play.  Spend some money--make your own server, and get all the good people back.  I might even join it so that I can get owned by all those good players.
Sorry but I don't want to waist my money on a dead game and if you haven't realized there's like 8 different PLA servers what other choice do I have?

Quote from: Buckler on July 26, 2013, 08:29:54 PM
get all the good people back.  I might even join it so that I can get owned by all those good players.
Old TWA Server is down, just saying. EvO clan is out, like TWA, Fire, No, ...
still remember those great evenings there U_U
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I'm honestly surprised this is still here.

You can talk the good talk about freedom of speech, ect, but the truth of the matter is this particular forum is not public property. It is a privately run forum.

Anything said here is like being invited into the owner's house and saying it there.
I speculate that Buckler wanted to let you have your say and attempt to address some of your contention. That's a credit to his patience.  If it were my house, I would have tossed this right out on it's ear.

Keep it simple man.  If you do not like the rules (which are designed to foster civility across the widest audience) then don't participate.  You can find a happy home in some other forum/server/game that fits your ideas about freedom and fun.  You can even start your own.  But busting into a room where folks are talking and declaring it oppressive and dead while everyone just turns to look at you then going back to their conversations? That must feel awkward.

As for SWBF being dead.. well, ok then.  It seems to be functioning perfectly fine on my end and daily posts seem to indicate some kind of life happening.  Perhaps it was just the bad parts that died and all that's left is a small group of communities (yep, plural because we aren't the only active SWBF board) continuing on like nothing happened because that dead part wont be missed.

Just my 2 cents.. I still have a problem with troll feeding, sorry all.