EU to new Battlefront

Started by Ultimo, September 18, 2014, 07:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What do you think is the likelihood that some Expanded Universe (EU) elements may make it's way into the new Battlefront?

I'm not expecting Disney to hold DICE and EA to the idea that the EU no longer officially exists, so maybe we have the potential for some maps and characters that are EU related?

I think it would not be far fetched to have a Captain Rex included in the main story-line in some way. Or to even have a post-Emperor Empire in part of the story?

What do you think?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Led on September 18, 2014, 09:40:49 AM
0 %
That would be funny if this was wrong :P

I honestly think they are going to stick to the first six movies, and whatever they can get their hands on for the next 3.  Although I wouldn't be surprised to see maps that don't make it into movies, but are kind of known (Rhen Var is a big example from BF1).  Of course, I wouldn't expect to see Alderaan considering it was blown up.  :P
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I think they have already said that they will dump the EU for the movies.

I expect the games will follow the movies.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

ehh... a man can hope
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

TCW is not EU. Though I don't see them including stuff from it either. I hope they at least add tanks to the rebels. 

I guess they will be using the new EU, that is considered canon ( it includes any Star Wars movies ( 1 to 9 ), TCW movie and series, the upcoming Rebels series, and any book released after their announcement ). I believe they are working with Star Wars officials to make sure they storyline fits within what is canon according to Lucas.

I still hope they add ground vehicles for the rebels. DICE, if you are reading this, PLEASE ADD REBEL GROUND VEHICLES!!!

I do realize now that I had forgotten the TV series were technically included in the non-EU mix.

Do any of the existing games still count as EU?
If you answered Yes or No to that, do you think EA/DICE will try to include something to possibly tie into other Star Wars games?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I personally hope they stray from the story line a bit, throw some new planets in there (or at least do something like TCW) I liked the take SWTOR had, just not the game controls and download size :P

SWTOR is a grey area since it's still ongoing, I'm not even sure if Lucasfilm themselves know where to place it. All their statements on the matter are very ambiguous.

I expect some reference to The Clone Wars/Rebels/The New Films, because money.

Some ex-EU elements have already made their way into some new official material (ie Purge Troopers and AT-CTs in Star Wars Commander). However, we have no idea how this game will turn out so it'll be difficult to say.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Well I expect small stuff like Dark Troopers, Jet Troopers, etc. Maybe some maps too.

Well, with Star Wars Commander, they retconned the old Phase II Dark Trooper out of existence and renamed the TFU Purge Trooper as the Phase II Dark Trooper, and apparently Phase II Shock Troopers still exist in the Galactic Civil War. So, I'd expect certain things to come back, even if the same names are not attached to them as before.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base