Needed help with Installation Problems with SWBF2

Started by Samistheone, December 31, 2016, 09:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 31, 2016, 09:05:42 AM Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:41:39 PM by Samistheone
Hi I could use some help with my installation problems I'm having with swbf 2 on my laptop.

I've had it installed on my laptop once before but for some reason now it keeps crashing while installing disc 2 this is what I get.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BySeJPbqavtXSDlvcUh4Wll2M2phQlNTTWxZSkhHUHd2MEFv/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BySeJPbqavtXX2xHT3pUbjJ5ZTB0aFg4ZEZlaTVaemd4ejJJ/view?usp=sharing

ICW 2, 4, and 6 Participant

EDIT By Anyder: Fixed image URLs.

EDIT By Sam: Thanks for the fix Anyder

It is likely a corrupt disk, but if not, check these things: 

One thing you can try is to gently wash and dry your disk, make sure not to scratch it up.  I have also seen this issue on some DVD drives if the drive itself is dusty. Get a can of air and gently blow out the dust.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

okay so I thought of something would it work to make a swbf2 folder in Lucas Arts and then copy and paste everything from the discs in to that folder and then extract it all separately?

You can try that.  But if it is a CRC error, you may not be able to copy anything unless the disk and drive are clean.

Or, it may not work at all.

Some people refer to this as "bit rot"

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

would it have anything to do with corrupt files on my computer like everything in Libraries is corrupt? maybe I could have someone take a look using a type of screen share like team viewer?

January 06, 2017, 06:24:30 PM #5 Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:43:24 PM by Samistheone
EDIT By Sam: would it have anything to do with corrupt files on my computer like everything in Libraries is corrupt? maybe I could have someone take a look using a type of screen share like team viewer?

okay so I was up north when I made this post and only had my laptop with me well I got home and tryed it on my desktop and installation went fine the only thing that happened was direct x 9 was not compatible with windows 10 but I am still able to launch the game and it runs fine so what does this mean? that my laptop is running out of memory or something when it trys to install the game? or that something is incompatible my laptop has windows 7, I don't understand and i'd really love to have swbf 2 on my laptop so I can play it on the go and maybe get some updates or whatever I saw online where you install something and it makes you able to fly from ground battle to space battle and back on planet Utapau and more, it looks so cool in that video and I want to get it so bad. I just don't know where to find it :( :( :( and yes that's right i'm right they say and it looks like this on and that it is on the swbf 2 game

EDIT By Sam: okay so side thought here would it work to copy the file folders from this computer to a different location then compress the files and folders to zip and then send it in email or use one of my TB external hard drives to transfer it to my laptop and then from there unzip it and put it in to LucasArts folder where it should be and that it would possibly make it run the game without using the discs to install the game?

EDIT By Sam: ((By the way I just edited this post 3 times so there would not be 3 posts so you can delete the previous post if you want, also the reason I second posted was because I didn't realize I'd still be able tp post on it later I figured the edit option would time out in second or minutes like it does on other sites, so sorry my bad))