[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
EDIT: THIS MOD HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE SEE MY NEW MOD, STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT LEGACY WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10332.0

It gives me great pleasure to announce the successor to my Star Wars Battlefront Main Play Mod - "Star Wars: Battlefront Expansion". Here is everything I have posted on Gametoast these past few days:

QuoteI am announcing my return to the Main Play Mod some time in the next few   months. I thought I should give a heads-up on all sites I have   previously announced its cancellation on... or that was the plan. MPC   Gamers has suspended my account indefinitely. My crime? Did I suddenly   announce that I had mass-pirated BF1 and BF2?No. Did I have a Yahoo!   e-mail address? Yes. I must be a spam bot.  :lol:  :faint: (NOTE TO MPC GAMERS: I was a bit miffed I hadn't been told at the time. I've got over it but I left the quote in for lulz :D)

Anyhow,   I hope to be able to finish this mod even if I have to cut back on   things I wanted to do with it (such as modding Naboo Plains which is no   longer possible). I might even add GCW Geonosis and Kamino, and CW Endor   and Hoth. We shall see. For now I'm simply reviewing what I have done   so far with the mod and seeing what I can change and how, and this is   what I have come up with:

Five unit limit, as confirmed by   Teancum, is hardcoded, so I'd have to find a way to work within that and   yet create something new. I played BF2 the other day and that gave me   the idea to amalgamate the Soldier and Heavy classes, leaving me to   create an all-new "commander" class. I am also considering amaglamating,   to an extent, the Pilot and Sniper classes to create a commando class.   I'd love your opinions on this move, as I am not yet sure as to how I   should lay it out.

There would still be a 'pilot' class but I would give some of its loadout to the Commander unit instead (mainly the primary weapon and health/ammo packs would go to the commander). So what I've come up with so far:

Standard Unit Layout:
-Soldier (Blaster Rifle, with unlimited ammo and overheat, Rocket Launcher, Thermal Detonator (sticky), Mines)
-Pilot (Commando Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Time Bomb)
-Commando (Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Recon Droid, last weapon dependant on faction)
-Special (dependant on faction)
-Commander (dependant on faction)

Republic:
-Clone Trooper
-Clone Pilot
-Clone Commando (DC-17M Sniper Attachment, DC-17M Rifle Attachment)
-Jet Trooper (EMP Launcher, Commando Pistol, Thermal Detonator)
-Clone Commander (Chaingun, ARC Caster, Thermal Detonator, Health/Ammo Pack)

CIS:
-Super Battle Droid (Wrist Blaster instead of Blaster Rifle)
-Droid Pilot
-BX Droid Commando (Clone Disguise Kit)
-Droideka (Twin Repeating Blasters, Personal Shield)
-IG MagnaGuard (Electrostaff, Radiation Launcher, Thermal Detonator, Health/Ammo Pack)

Rebels:
-Rebel Soldier
-Rebel Pilot
-Bothan Spy (Disguise Kit)
-Wookie Smuggler (Bowcaster, Grenade Launcher, Thermal Detonator)
-Rebel Commander (Shotgun, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator, Health/Ammo Pack)

Empire:
-Stormtrooper
-Imperial Pilot
-Imperial Officer (I'll see if I can get an unmask ability working)
-Dark Trooper (ARC Caster, Commando Pistol, Thermal Detonator)
-Stormtrooper Commander (Shotgun, Mortar Launcher, Thermal Detonator, Health/Ammo Pack) - I'll see what I can do to get him to have a personal shield, if I can get him to have it, he'll have that instead of Thermal Detonators, as will the Rebel Commander)

Of course, this would remove the Incinerator Trooper class I had in previous mods, however I do not necessarily think that is a bad thing to do - it eases up some of the map pressure in GCW.

I've been setting up the Republic side over the past few days (some of you will have seen my Boss Clone Commando skin in the Glamour Shots thread in the SWBF2 Modding section). Now I'll work on the CIS side, then the Alliance and Empire. I may have a way to work the Scout Trooper into the game. If, on Endor, I swap the Stormtrooper Commander for the Imperial officer (same loadout as the Stormtrooper commander) I can then have the Scout Trooper as Endor's 'Commando' class.

I'm also going to see about changing a few maps. I did some preliminary work on this when this was Main Play Mod V7 - I altered the shipped Bespin Platforms, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Rhen Var Harbor, Tatooine and Yavin IV maps. The outcome is mixed: The modifications to Bespin Platforms, Kashyyyk, Naboo: Theed and Yavin IV went pretty much without hitches. I have not yet tested Dune Sea, nor have I tested Rhen Var Harbor. Naboo: Plains crashes inexplicably so I have decided to drop the modification of that map. I was trying to reconvert the Jedi Temple but there are so many collision problems it's unreal. I had some of the collision fixed via hex-editing, however in some objects the names of the collision objects were too short to change. I wanted to also try reconverting Utapau and possibly Mygeeto. Mustafar does not need to be reconverted since the scum-strike version of Mustafar works perfectly. I'd also like to modify Rends Coruscant Streets and City to work with this mod, however this time I do not wish to do it without his blessing (which I will probably not get). Naboo Prototype, the map I converted from the BF2 source released by Teancum, will be included as well.

To leave you for the moment, I will be posting this: It's Clone Commando Boss, and he will be the Commando unit on Geonosis.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Thanks for the hard work !

I will look forward to the update,
Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Looking forward to this, Looks great !
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Nice. Where's the link?
You can run, but you'll die tired.

It's not finished, I've not long started work on it. I thought I made that clear in my first post  :blink:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

WOW WOW You're BACK ? PHEW... I was getting concerned that you had left us for good !
Well then, this is probably the best return I've seen in a while, what gifts we have in stall !

I am doing away with the Storm Commander and Rebel Commander - they will be replaced by the Imperial officer and Bothan Spy classes, respectively. The Commandos for the two factions will be the Storm Commando/Scout Trooper (Depends on map) and Rebel Commando respectively.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Darth D.U.C.K. has released the BF2 cape from the Sniper/Heavy Trooper as addon. If I can hex-edit it on correctly (ATM I cannot because it appears beneath the unit's legs for whatever reason) then we will FINALLY have skirts on BF2 units working in BF1 (although they won't be like the stock ARC Skirts, rather they'd be like the Renegade/Elite Squadron ARC Trooper skirts, but it's better than nothing, right?)
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: MileHighGuy on December 10, 2010, 08:41:00 PM
Nice! It sounds great. Something to stop me playing monster hunter so much.
NO WAY! I'm soo addicted to that too...

Also... working skirts? JOY!

Almost-working :D Still having problems with hex-editing them on to the unit, they appear beneath the unit's feet.

Also, here's a place you can go when MPC Gamers shuts down, this is where I'll be updating as well as GameToast:

http://battlefrontexpansion.proboards.com/index.cgi
In Progress:

On Hold:

MPC is going to stay up for a while. It's just going to undergo a small change of ownership.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

QuoteAlmost-working :D Still having problems with hex-editing them on to the unit, they appear beneath the unit's feet.

Also, here's a place you can go when MPC Gamers shuts down, this is where I'll be updating as well as GameToast:

http://battlefrontexpansion.proboards.com/index.cgi

joined it. (named jdee0barc)
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

December 15, 2010, 05:44:38 AM #14 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:26:59 AM by ggctuk2005
We now have the Ep3 Sniper and Ep3 Heavy Trooper with skirts! That leaves only the Clone Commander to get a skirt. I won't bother trying for the Galactic Marine though - I'll simply reskin the stock Imperial Snowtrooper.
[mergedate]1292412576[/mergedate]
Galactic Marine - I reskinned the stock Imperial Snowtrooper:

Old for comparison:

And I also present one other commando, the Shocktrooper Commando:

[hide][/hide]
In Progress:

On Hold: