Playable Imperial Probe Droid? (Not as a deployable remote droid)

Started by SolarStorm327, January 31, 2022, 12:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible to have a playable probe droid that you can spawn in as from the unit class selection menu or is it only possible through deploying it as a remote controlled droid? I've gotten the AI to spawn in as it through a local team, but whenever I have it setup as a selectable unit class, it crashes my map after loading it.

Well, probably each unit needs animation to make him playable, so you need to add it by XSI. At least it's worked so in SWBF1...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I've seen a playable probe droid done in Bantha55's Hoth: Empire Strikes Back map. But from what I could telling playing it, it was just a normal soldier class with the probe droid model applied to it. I'm guessing the reason why trying to have a remote droid-style probe droid on one of the main 2 teams causes the game to crash has something to do with the shell for the class selection menu and/or maybe something to do with the hover physics of the remote droid. That might also be why only bots on local teams can spawn as a remote droid-style probe droid like on the Chain Isles map for BF1. That's just my guess though after attempting several times to get the Probe Droid playable. :g:

As for XSI, I haven't had much luck with it in the past. Complete noob with XSI (I'm more of a Blender user). Even if I could do something about it in XSI, I still have the issue of the exporter only exporting 2 animated bones of the skeleton (found that out while I was trying to invert the 9-pose fin animations of the republic & imperial fighter tanks to be like how it was in the 2002 Clone Wars video game so I was only able to have one working fin on those tanks  :( ). Might be unrelated to what you're suggesting in XSI, but that's an issue I feel like might crop up or have something of similar consequence on my end.

Well, turning human unit in to the hover it's actually not a big problem, since you can add unlimited "hover jetpack type" by .odf.
 Still, whatever it is, there is no other way to make probe droid playble as add for it human animation (as it was in the Bantha55's Hoth: Empire Strikes Back mod).
It's one of the easyest task in XSI. In fact all you need to do it's just import probe droid model, and any human model from assets, merge them together, delete human body and export probe droid with human sceleton. Here the more detailed tutorial for this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9388.0
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: