[SOLVED] Why does my map crash when I add water?

Started by Giftheck, December 30, 2019, 11:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 30, 2019, 11:46:12 AM Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 03:50:06 AM by Giftheck
So, I'm building a Scarif map, but when I try to test it out, it crashes the game before it finishes loading. Creating a version without water seems to work so I'm sure it's the water that's the cause. I started by levelling the TER of Kashyyyk: Islands and emptying it, so I'm sure it's not the terrain at fault, and my map has more land than Kashyyyk: Islands.

Any ideas as to why it's crashing before it loads?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

how much water have you got in your map ? it happens if i put a lot of water in there.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: wsa30h on December 30, 2019, 11:58:50 AM
how much water have you got in your map ? it happens if i put a lot of water in there.

Like I said, the terrain is the same size as Kashyyyk: Islands, and because of the nature of the map being made of more islands, there's less water.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

make sure you have the fx file and also in the world req that the envfx isnt commented out so not like this--envfx but like this, and waterbump map and a world like kashyyyks water tga thats all i can think of off the top of my head.
-- bf1 tcw battles

LTTP, but the missing FX file was the cause of the crash.
In Progress:

On Hold:

that would do it.
-- bf1 tcw battles