does anyone know what version of the game comes on the dvd ?

Started by wsa30h, February 03, 2020, 05:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
just got my dvd version does anyone know wherever it is 1.1 or 1.0 ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

The best way to tell is to install it, and then look in "Multiplayer".  The top right corner I think says it.
I think the only version with 1.0 is the 3 CD version, but I could be wrong.  If so, then this is probably 1.1 (or 1.01?), which 99% of the differences are networking code and the other 1% is unit difficulty from what I see.  The only balancing unit changes were done in 1.2 (for Dark Trooper and Jet Trooper and others).

If anyone asks, Steam runs the 1.2 version of the game, which is the last stable update.  1.3, as far as anyone has found, only runs on the 3 disk install version of the game.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

thanks Phantom and is it worth keeping the game wrapped up from a collectors point of view ? will the game be valuable in 10 20 years time ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

I mean, that's up to you, but I would anticipate probably not.  The reason I say that is that there was no recorded shortage of games or anything like that, and no especially defining details on a certain version of the software.  I think Wikipedia puts it best - "While all video games can be seen as collectible, some are noteworthy for being particularly rare or desirable, which in turn contributes to high values."

There generally aren't many modern day (being 2000 and later) games that meet these criteria because of current industry practices.  The best current example that I can think of would be Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, where production was limited and not many made it back into the market to meet high demand, driving up the price.  Where it was 50/60 when it came out, you can find it at about 80 for a used copy, and 200+ for a copy with everything with it (there was an extension called the Pokewalker where something like you connected it to your DS and could walk and train your Pokemon.  I never used mine.)

It seems as if there was a PS3 game in 2013 that also is desirable because of a promotion, but this is also getting rarer.

Like I said though, it's up to you.  Part of the mystery of collectibles is that sometimes you can't tell when something is or isn't going to be collectible down the road.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

thanks Led
-- bf1 tcw battles

It won't be valuable, just like trading cards aren't. Unless there is something super rare about yours, like a printing defect that only happened to a really small batch of discs, etc, nobody wants it. It just wouldn't have anything unique+rare. But if it's useful to you I'd open it and keep it.

Thanks Teancum i might open it
-- bf1 tcw battles