[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The adapter is working again, but for how long, who knows? I'm certain the HDD is on the way out, though. In the meantime, I'm looking into buying a new laptop.

Is it a dead-cert that munging will not work on 64-bit platforms? For a new laptop, I will have no choice but to get Windows 8.1 and the most common ones are all 64 bit.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Lots of people munge on 64 bit.  Phobos, sleepkiller for sure.

Back up those files!

Put them here for safekeeping--I can give you our FTP account information--just let me know  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I have a 1 TB external hard drive, so I'm ahead of you on that one :)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

get 64 bit. It's way better. I just followed bamdur's instructions and i can munge fine. even ZE works on my windows 8.1 machine (just have to start ZE twice in a row).

As I completely missed the deadline for Phase I owing to the aforementioned computer issues, I'm skipping right over to Phase II (they seem to have gone away but I will still need a new laptop within the next year). However, I need these models converted for Phase II as a lot of them are for the Hero Mode additional maps:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8434.0
In Progress:

On Hold:

November 04, 2014, 11:26:20 AM #350 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:53:01 AM by MileHighGuy
Why did you decide to convert them to obj? The models you posted (although really good) lost all enveloping data and become a ton harder to get in game. I am also pretty sure that a re-boned greivous was already posted.

Quote from: MileHighGuy on November 04, 2014, 11:26:20 AM
Why did you decide to convert them to obj? The models you posted (although really good) lost all enveloping data and become a ton harder to get in game. I am also pretty sure that a re-boned greivous was already posted.

I'm fairly sure I've already explained this I cannot get XSI to work on my computer. Any version. And seeing as a new computer is a ways off, this is all I got.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I think SWBFViewer only does static stuff as well.

The pipeline normally used for getting MSH to anything else: MSH->SWBFViewer.exe->VRML (WRL).

If I remember correctly, either 3dObject Convert or MilkShape 3d (or both.. I don't use pipelines.. :sick: ) can import an MSH file.. You might try doing that to get your models into whatever program you use so you don't loose all the weights/bones. From there it would most likely be an easy way back into converting them to MSHs without loosing too much animation data.
----
Unfortunately I cannot do this as I barely have time to work on the projects that I'm (supposed to be) working on.

November 04, 2014, 10:15:22 PM #353 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:14:44 AM by ggctuk2005
Metasequoia would still remove the bones, I think. I'm not familiar with Milkshape, but doesn't 3D Object Converter require a license to save to other formats? On top of that, it is a pipeline program anyway so I'd have to open whatever it output in a model program anyway.

Not only that, I don't think there was any other way to get a dual-saber Grievous ingame as there have been no assets released for that. The lightsabers were for hero assault.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm going to expand Version 1 to include four more maps, as well as Hero Assault mode. Suggestions are welcome for the maps. Plus, Hero Assault... I want to make it a little bit more unique when compared to previous incarnations in my mods. Again, suggestions are welcome, be it ideas for new weapons or heroes.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Well, Sereja's Beachhead is a vast improvement over the stock one, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like that map, especially compared to BF1 Kashyyyk. I'd also like to see Kamino: Nurioca City, or at least add fighters and AA guns to one of the existing Kaminos. I'd also like to suggest Ginev's Dantooine, Abridon: City, Eddie's Dathomir, And maybe one of Sereja's Original maps. (Yes, I know that was more than four, but since the first two were existing planets...)

Well, strictly speaking, it was originally four but I only technically added three new maps in (as the fourth is Jabba's Palace) so I actually have five slots.

So far, I want to use Jedi Temple and another BF2 map, while the remaining three are to be user-created maps. I won't be modifying Kamino at all as attempting to add anything to Kamino makes the map crash for reasons unknown. I'll look into those suggestions.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Please add any Rends maps you wish. Those are amazing and my favorite part about your MPM 6 is the addition of the Rends maps. Ord Mantell: No Greater Glory is another very cool map.
:)

Another idea I have: I want lightsabers to deflect but at a cost. There is one of two choices:

-A second primary-weapon slot lightsaber where you can't swing but only block.
-A secondary 'deflect' weapon that you'd have to switch out of to use secondary weapons, thus leaving you vulnerable to blaster fire.

Is any of that doable?
In Progress:

On Hold:

The second one sounds like the best and most realistic. It sounds like it should work, just make an invisible "melee" weapon that's unswingable and put it in a secondary slot.