[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thinking of changing the Empire's EVO Trooper to this guy:

This isn't a straight-up rip and conversion. I've taken parts from the Wii TFU model and attached them to the stock Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper model (I've kitbashed the two together). Not too sure I'll stick with the helmet though: I might revert to using the kitbash helmet as this helmet is higher-res therefore may trigger the lowres flip.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I suppose the Wii models are much lower ploy than the other console versions, making them slightly better for SWBF1 right?

Yes, but these models aren't even in the console versions, and I honestly prefer the look of the Wii version's enemies as they're a blend of Phase II Clones and Stormtroopers.

Funnily enough, the converted Heavy Trooper has 2441 triangles... the EVO Trooper I was using has 4445!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

From what I remember the Wii version had it's own dev team, hence the aesthetic differences.

I'm really looking forward to this!

I've already got the Heavy Trooper ingame:

This is only my second from-scratch envelop. But he works great so I'll be using it as the Empire's Assault trooper.
In Progress:

On Hold:

@the imperial shuttle just copy and paste a stock msh.option file, rename it to the shuttle msh name, open it, remove everything inside it, then type "-scale .7" (everything but the quotation marks) and keep messing with those numbers until it looks right. Scaling it .7, for example, scales it to 70% it's regular size.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'll give that a try.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on May 27, 2015, 03:16:38 AMthis helmet is higher-res therefore may trigger the lowres flip.

I'm pretty sure that the game is set to only use 3 or 4 high res units, no matter the detail of the model. I could be wrong though. Nice work on the kitbash.

That actually sounds about right. I've only been testing the new models out on a 'test map' so far where it's a lot easier to see the effects of this as the two command posts are close o each other and twenty units spawn on it.

I'm trying to divide up my Clone legions amongst the stock maps ATM. Here's what I've got so far:

Bespin: Shock Troopers
Geonosis: Phase I
Hoth: Galactic Marines
Kamino: Phase I
Kashyyyk: 41st
Naboo: 501st
Rhen Var: Galactic Marines
Tatooine: Currently 501st, considering changing to 327th or 212th
Yavin IV: 501st.

Any suggestions as to what I should change some of these to?

Also, here's a roster of heroes as they stand so far:

CIS:
-Count Dooku
-Darth Maul
-Jango Fett
-General Grievous
-Sun Guard

REP:
-Mace Windu
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Anakin Skywalker
-Captain Rex
-Commander Cody
-Ki-Adi Mundi
-Aayla Secura
-Yoda - possibly ATM. I don't know if I need to have a special setup for his skeleton or whether I can just load it from side.

ALL:
-Luke Skywalker
-Han Solo
-Leia Organa (Endor attire)
-Chewbacca
-Starkiller

IMP:
-Darth Vader
-The Emperor
-Boba Fett
-Shadow Guard
-IG-88

There will be two Hero Assault maps to play around with: Mos Eisley and Coruscant Jedi Temple. For the Republic, you'll have the opportunity to play around with one set of heroes on one map and a different set on the other.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Snake on May 27, 2015, 09:40:47 AM
@the imperial shuttle just copy and paste a stock msh.option file, rename it to the shuttle msh name, open it, remove everything inside it, then type "-scale .7" (everything but the quotation marks) and keep messing with those numbers until it looks right. Scaling it .7, for example, scales it to 70% it's regular size.

Doesn't seem to have worked, I'm afraid.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I do it all the time with models I make in Sketchup. Does it have the exact same name? if it's something like imp_fly_shuttle.msh then the option should be imp_fly_shuttle.msh.option and also make sure you didn't forget the dash before typing scale. Those are things that commonly get messed up. I'm not sure what else it could be. Try making it even smaller at .5 or something.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on May 27, 2015, 02:09:20 PM
I do it all the time with models I make in Sketchup. Does it have the exact same name? if it's something like imp_fly_shuttle.msh then the option should be imp_fly_shuttle.msh.option and also make sure you didn't forget the dash before typing scale. Those are things that commonly get messed up. I'm not sure what else it could be. Try making it even smaller at .5 or something.

It might not work with animating objects.

It just simply made the craft disappear completely.

I have Sereja's source for it, I'm trying to scale it (though it doesn't want to stay scaled when I export it)
In Progress:

On Hold:

May 27, 2015, 07:26:24 PM #403 Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:28:29 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
 :blink: That model looks amazing, idk if you noticed this but if you look at the kneecap, there  Seems to be a face on it. As for the Clone sides, I would recommend using the Desert Troopers on Tatoonie i.e. these guys [spoiler][/spoiler] which I guess are part of the 212th now that I think about it...
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

My opinion (assuming you're still doing BF2 maps):

Bespin: 41st (not the camo troopers)
Coruscant: Shock Troopers
Jedi Temple: 501st
Dagobah: Camo 41st
Felucia: 327th
Geonosis: Phase 1
Hoth: Galactic Marines
BF1 Kamino: ARCs (or just Phase 1)
BF2 Kamino: Kamino Guard (from TCW Season 6) or 501st
Kashyyyk: Jungle 41st