What is the point of swbfspy lol

Started by ThePlushieZone, February 20, 2020, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I wanna know why swbfspy is still around on PC if the game already has online througn Steam or whatever. Besides PS2 online I find nobody is playing on the PC servers.

Just because nobody is using them regularly doesn't mean they should just shut down.
First of all, the PS2 community is thriving on there.  Second of all, SWBF1 would have no other practical option (except for Hamachi or Tunngle or whatever) if SWBFspy didn't exist.  No, Steam does not support SWBF1 online. 
They support SWBF2, true, except ours was up first and still has some community members using it.  Why would we get rid of a good thing?
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

exactly i for one have used swbf spy to play swbf 1 online.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

The Steam online doesn't support the CD version of SWBF2, I'm guessing?

Quote from: Banjo2 on February 20, 2020, 07:39:03 PM
The Steam online doesn't support the CD version of SWBF2, I'm guessing?

Correct. 

We can patch all versions of the game to SWBFspy, but they cannot patch our original SWBF or SWBF2.  And, as was mentioned, SWBF1 is not supported by GoG.

Lastly, all the server tools are only good for SWBFspy (dedicated server software, LAN server, etc.)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Because the steam version has garbage connection and garbage servers
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

True that, I tried playing on PC and the lag was real. Also the way the game works with shooting is different than PS2 and it feels weird playing PC. (Not because of controls but the way the shooting works is different)