Server stats paddling on Gametracker.

Started by Sarge, August 01, 2017, 07:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey i'm Sarge I've been playing the first BF since I registered on this site. I just wanted to point out that the guy named: =RDG=John_Boy has been paddleing stats on GT. As you can see his score is very high but have no idea how he does this with only 4 ais. Team select off. I mean I know most admins don't seem to get angery about this but some players do perhaps? As I heard bream getting pissed at FC-Rage for doing the same however I can guess that its some sort of cheater program like cheat engine, cuz there is no way anyone can get over 200 kills when there's only 4 ais with team select off. it also maybe unfair to the ones who should be the actual rank. Example is Bream was rank 1# before the stats where reset. Then John Boy took it away by paddling stats. However John boy instead of playing normally he just sits with very high scores. Scores that I cant even get. I don't want to sound pessty or anything it doesn't bother me or anything its just something I thought I should bring up since others seem to not like it.

SWBF has a flaw in that when you go AFK and a new game starts, your kills are not reset to zero, they just stay at your last game.  So if you end the game with 150 kills on the AI then take the rest of the night off, then the kills keep racking up over and over in gametracker.

I do consider this to be impolite and against the spirit of have a server stat tracker, but I don't really know what to do about it.  I can reset the offending players stats on gametracker, but then that player will get offended.  The other option is that we can live with it and realize that some players just do those things.

I recently reset both server stats.  I guess another option would be to remove the server stat tracker from the portal page, but I kind of like see who is playing.

If you have any other ideas, let me know.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Perhaps there should be a regularly scheduled stat wipe?
Maybe once every 30 days/month?

Of course, the drawback being that returning players to these old games may notice an empty stats list and think there's nothing left.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Davenport on August 02, 2017, 12:03:39 AM
Perhaps there should be a regularly scheduled stat wipe?
Maybe once every 30 days/month?

Of course, the drawback being that returning players to these old games may notice an empty stats list and think there's nothing left.
I wouldnt do that. I think we all know what players like to farm stats -for no reason, since having all those fake kills doesnt make them look more skilled- and i think that those who get kills for farming should get their stats deleted, but not the others.

I'd wipe the server stats every 6 months, but not every month...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Yeah, as much as I don't want to take away from the people that deserve it, there should be some security in at least making the offenders not try it as often.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Davenport on August 02, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
Yeah, as much as I don't want to take away from the people that deserve it, there should be some security in at least making the offenders not try it as often.

I think we have to figure out if this is really an "offense", and how bad this really is.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on August 02, 2017, 12:28:44 PM
I think we have to figure out if this is really an "offense", and how bad this really is.
[/quote
Well, if someone is caught farming points, his stats could be wiped.
There are many players who join ur PLA/SWBFGamers server, so it should be hard to distinguish who gets the points on a fair way from those who don't.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com