Ideal PC Builds for The New SWBF?

Started by Gold Man, June 21, 2015, 03:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure if this was mentioned but you NEED 2GB of video memory MINIMUM to run the SWBF Reboot.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on July 04, 2015, 08:29:40 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned but you NEED 2GB of video memory MINIMUM to run the SWBF Reboot.
That's impressive. Here I was thinking the minimal requirement was 4-8GB. :P

Unfortunately he means graphics card memory memory. You will also need 8gb ram.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Helios on July 04, 2015, 08:29:40 AM

Well, I don't think the final requirements have been released. 

The alhpa play has stated requirements, but nothing has been released for the final product yet, as far as I know.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 04, 2015, 08:55:20 AM #34 Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:23:41 AM by Gold Man
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 04, 2015, 08:51:13 AM
Good thing I'm going with aeria's build then. :)

I've already mapped it out, I'm planning to go ahead and buy the motherboard, CPU, and memory first, and use the case, 250GB hard drive, and existing PSU from my old rig as a temporary fix (just to get the thing up and running). I'll probably face facts and wind up buying Windows 10 when it comes to it. Later when I get more money, I'll buy the case, PSU, other 500GB HDD, and the video card (I'll see how far I can make it on the Cooler Master, since it only saw 2 years of service before our PC went kaput those years ago, odds are it's still got some life left in it).

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 04, 2015, 08:51:13 AM
It's dedicated video memory i was speaking about, u need 6 GB of RAM for pre-alpha.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Why dont u just wait for Origin to post what the real game requirements are ? lol
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on July 04, 2015, 01:01:00 PM
Why dont u just wait for Origin to post what the real game requirements are ? lol

Yeah, he should do that and save some more money; unless he needs a computer now.

I think it would definitely be worth getting a gtx 960.

The official requirements are going to still be high no matter. I'm not sure if they're going to downgrade but the graphics and effects in the alpha are amazing, probably the best graphics in a shooter to this date.

Quote from: {PLA} Van STING on July 04, 2015, 07:03:24 PM
Yeah, he should do that and save some more money; unless he needs a computer now.

I think it would definitely be worth getting a gtx 960.

I know it'd be better to perhaps wait for the requirements, but I have no doubts they're still going to be high regardless. Besides, I'm not hard pressed for a PC at the moment, but I would nonetheless like to ensure that I have a rig capable of playing it (considering I plan to pre-order SWBF and Need For Speed eventually).

Call of Duty's alienware recommendation is not bad if space is an issue where you are keeping the PC. But an m-ITX build is likely a better route.

The GTX 960 recommendation is good. Definitely start saving until the game nears lauunch.

#TYBG

Well, I went to Canada Computers today (thinking perhaps ordering locally would be cheaper). Turns out it isn't. The parts there are $5-$10 more than the online retailing from that PartPicker list. Looks like I better turn towards getting a debt card/PayPal. :P

When I was shopping for my parts I went to a computer shop in the closest of the two semi large cities in my state, and their prices were ridiculous; a GTX 970 was $599.

Definitley buy online. You could have someone you know with a card order it for you, and give them the money.

Microcenter has some great deals on open box items. I just got a GTX 980 for $397. It's going to be in my vim machine until I get a 980 Ti... and it'll still be my vim machine. Maybe one day I'll play demanding games with it.

#TYBG

December 11, 2015, 07:37:25 AM #44 Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:43:53 AM by Gold Man
Hate to revive this post, but I need your help again.

So, I got employed at a grocery store for a month, and now I have some money. Issue is, I only can afford around $700 CDN (gotta try and save some money for myself now that I'm unemployed).

So, I'm wondering here, now that I actually have a budget with me finally, any $700 builds to recommend for running EASWBF on low settings? (Pre-builds in the $700 range are accepted as well!) I have no doubts there's been some new parts out since the last post, so I wonder if any other parts have dropped in price. :)