Naboo: Airfield 1.0

Started by Breakdown, June 21, 2009, 08:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 21, 2009, 08:06:54 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:41:52 PM by Buckler
local link
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=23

Well, I know I  didn't announce this, I began and pretty much finished this in one day, but here is my new map,
Naboo: Airfields!
------
READ ME:

NABOO AIRFIELD 1.0

Here is version one of NABOO: AIRFIELD, a map taking place in a small
abandon airport on Naboo.

Known Bugs:

None...yet

Please go to mpcgamers.com/smf to leave comments and suggestions for the
map, if there are enough complaints and suggestions I will definitley
make a second version.

Enjoy!

Breakdown

bhfbreakdown@hotmail.com

******************************CREDITS*******************************

-Pandemic, for the Naboo Protype assets (I found these in "Teancums
Secret Files", so I am not sure if some of it is by somebody else
but I am quite sure it was all by Pandemic)

-Hardcore, for very kind suggestions and beta testing, he should get
as much credit as me for the map :) *cheers*

-mpcgamers.com, you guys are awesome!

- If anyone recognises an asset that is theirs, please notify me,
since I got all the assets from Teancums Secret Files, which does not
have a read me to state the asset owners

Legal
THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. 
ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD." 

-----------------

If someone could add screenshots to the topic that'd be awesome! :)

Please leave all comments and suggestions you have, also, do not upload this to any other site, if another version comes out, I will get it on the main page downloads system, I want to keep this MPC exclusive.

Ok, have fun, I hope

-Breakdown

http://www.mpcgamers.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=29&Itemid=7

ill look for bugs on my own computer

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Okay. Um, this is probably just me. And my computer lagging. But the lazer sounds get all laggy and TERRIBLE. Probably me lagging due to large map.

Also, spawns are very easy to camp. Just get in a line of them because there are a few spawns in a diagonal line.

Droidekas can get on top of the ships by rolling under the wing and standing up.

And bots get caught in the corner of the original empire/clones spawn.

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k226/iamyourmaster200/naboo%20airfield/?albumview=grid

I make sigs

It is a good map, but does still need alot of work. The Map as it is now is definately one sided towards Republic. CIS spawn needs not only cover for spawn but also a bit more variety in their spawn points. I would suggest a few more crates or planes in CIS spawn and an Sandbag barrier or something to divide the two spawns. As it is now, i can snipe from one spawn to another and spawn kill over and over from across the map, there needs to be a barrier.

Also i think that there should be 1 or 2 more CP's, one definately closer to CIS spawn (i suggest that closest hangar with the health and ammo bots) and another CP in that open grassy area with the earth mound barrier beside the Rep CP hangar. That location is perfect for a CP, you should either add a new one, or move the existing one to that location.

Two last things that arent really that big of a deal, but Republic has 3 turrets, and CIS only has 2 which is a little unfair. And also that building on the far left side if you spawn as republic that is completely empty and just barely out of map range, you should do something with. I suggest extending the map size and maybe add a second story or something to it to give the map a multi dimensional feature, because right now everything is one story. Plus that spot would be a sick sniper spot if you did something with it  ;)

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

If possible i've got two pretty good ideas and yankee agrees with me, something such as he said to block line of sight from Spawn to spawns would be a large ship in the middle, this would take away the need for so many more creates/ships, i'd not worry about any (GCW/CW) friendly stuff, the map is based in a clone wars time so put anything form that era you would like into it.

another thing would be a large CIS lander out in the distance to give some feeling that the CIS have been attacking this airfield and clones defending, giving why the clones have better hold (the slight advantage) make more use of flanks, currently its pretty charge the otherguys spawn CP.

give the CIS more cover as has been said. use as much space as possible but make it feel fuller, ATM it feels very empty.

Make a mini map, change the objectives to fit this map, perhaps some unarmed ground transports to get around faster...thats all i got for now but if you need anything just ask.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Thanks for all your input!

Just to let you all know, I am going to keep it in the three CP form, but in order to keep that effective, I will add much more cover across the airport, so spawn camping won't be as easy.

However, I will try to  see gameplay changes with different CP's added, thanks again.

Where may I get these secret files of Teancum's?
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

Quote from: Satellite on June 23, 2009, 05:57:08 PM
Where may I get these secret files of Teancum's?
Argh they are not Teancum's any more than that he got them first - the files for this are Pandemic's, and they were given to Teancum. Please remember that when you give credit.

And they are available in Gametoast's released assets forum.

Thank you for the clarification Mav