Bespin: Escape v2.0 Released

Started by Jendo7, May 31, 2009, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 31, 2009, 08:16:21 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:37:48 PM by Buckler
local link
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=153

Bespin: Escape Version 2.0

Thanks to EraOfDesann for the review and screenshots.

Readme:
Star Wars Battlefront

Bespin: Escape
Version: 2.0

Made by "Jendo7"
27th of May 2009

This is my first map for Star Wars Battlefront

I decided to make a map that is loosely based on the climactic ending of episode V: THe Empire Strikes Back with an escape route leading to the Millennium Falcon.

History: GCW era: The Empire is making a sweep of all Outer Rim settlements and have discovered with the help of a bounty hunter that a small band of rebels are hiding in Cloud  City on Bespin, the central settlement in this rich tibanna gas region.

CW era:During the Clone Wars the CIS and The Republic were fighting for control of this rich planet for the bountiful natural resource tibanna gas that was used in weapon production.

Vehicles: GCW era: ATST and Trooptrans
CW era: Fightertank and Republic Gunship

"and a few easter eggs"

Credits: Rends for his Coruscant City Assets
Psych0fred for his Trooptrans and board at secretsociety.com
Lucasarts and Pandemic for Star Wars Battlefront and the Mod Tools
Guru for Gametoast.com and the Star Wars Battlefront Community

Changes since version 1.1:

Trooptrans has now got sound
Mini-map has been added
Flythrough movie shortened
Vehicle planning paths improved

Installation: Extract the bes3 folder to the, " LucasArts/Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn" directory.

Uninstallation: Remove bes3 from GameData\AddOn folder.

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

Download: http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=1306&Itemid=62

Enjoy!

Admins: Feel free to upload this to mpcgamers

Review: Overall its a nice map and a good idea

it could be polished a good bit, i found it hard with the bots seemingly having no routes, they got stuck under the upper CP's rather then in them and thus were a waste., the objective would be more realistic if you made the Falcon destroy able, such as if the Imp destroyed it before you could get to it and cap it, they win or something random- but if you want it just as a map and not have a made up objective.

Try to even the map more, ATM its not even, the side thats fighting the Rebels/CIS is WAY overpowered with tanks/ships and unless your a lucky CIS you can't get one as far as i could tell- however this is not fully finished testing.

for MP its again uneven, the ships being pretty much locked to the one side is vastly overpowering and i can see people just sitting with the Rep drop ship and cleaning a CP out locking the map down. however i did like that the IMP dropship did not seemingly have weapons however i did not try it much.

Anyway overall if you worked on the visual appeal, along as alot of design aspects to making it smaller/fairer ect it could be really good.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Thanks for the fair review.

The bots do have routes and will use the first ramp to the skyway bridges but the fighting usually centers around the courtyard, until you capture the upper CP's playing as the rebels/CIS.  I will try to improve the bot pathing around the central courtyard, so they use the other ramps scattered around the square and this should stop some of the AI from hanging around.

I gave the rep/imp sides vehicles as the attackers to make it more challenging for the rebels/CIS, otherwise it would be too easy but once you get to the higher levels the balance is more even, but still challenging. Although I agree that vehicles in MP could become uneven.

It's not  final, so I will try to improve certain aspects of the gameplay where I can.