(SOLVED)How to put square images perfectly into 16 frames texture

Started by Ginev, August 30, 2016, 04:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my texture where i added 16 different frames images to make animated texture.

The problem is i cannot put them perfectly into their places and ingame when the frames start switching the whole image   is shaking alot!So how to put my them perfectly into their places?I am using Gimp.
I am not very good in Gimp so is there a way to make something like a grid and then just to drag and drop every frame into the squares and to fill the entire texture like that?Help.

The only thing I can think of is that not all the images have the correct dimension or size. You must divide the entire image by power of 2. If each image is 128x128 then the entire image needs to be 512x512. If each image is 256x256 then the entire image needs to be 1024x1024.

I am also looking for a fast way to do this myself because I don't want to try to fit a ton of images into one image.  :P
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

The image here is 1024x1024 and i resize every small image into 256x256.I took me 15 minutes to put them all together however on the end it was not perfect.When the frames started switching since they were not perfectly put together the image start shaking alot which is not good.If someone find a simple way how to put them close to each other please let me know.I remember i have seen before year ago a gimp tutorial of a guy who created new texture and then he putted something like a squares grid and then he simply selected with 1 click the squares and he putted images inside them.

Quote from: Ginev on August 30, 2016, 08:23:37 AM
The image here is 1024x1024 and i resize every small image into 256x256.I took me 15 minutes to put them all together however on the end it was not perfect.When the frames started switching since they were not perfectly put together the image start shaking alot which is not good.If someone find a simple way how to put them close to each other please let me know.I remember i have seen before year ago a gimp tutorial of a guy who created new texture and then he putted something like a squares grid and then he simply selected with 1 click the squares and he putted images inside them.

You mean a template of some sort? There's a similar process required for Civilization V so perhaps that could be the same for this?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123