No more Tunngle nor Gameranger!

Started by Anyder, May 26, 2014, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 01, 2014, 07:12:25 PM #75 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:14:12 PM by {Alpha}.Gen.Kiwi
Quote from: Drunken_Master on December 01, 2014, 06:46:57 PM
SWBF 1 Worked for a few hours only!  Now stuck at 0%.  I am so desperate to play again!  Thanks in advance for help!

I am running Win 7.  I have the original game disk installed.  USA Xfinity ISP supposed to be wide open, and my router is NAT-ing with no restrictions. I am a network engineer by trade.

I re-installed tunngel then saw that was old news.  I installed gamemaster launcher though I can't really tell that it does anything.  I got the new exe, put it in the wrong place and got the bink error.  Added Bink dll, program error-ed out.  Restarted PC. My baby girl kept crying and interrupting me.  Turned off Comodo firewall, no better.  Finally got the fix by Anyder, put it in the Gamedata folder, and it worked!  My son and I played for a few hours, I was so happy!!! 

I came back an hour later and get stuck at the 0% with the Anyder file.  Turned off Comodo firewall, nothing.  Still stuck at 0%.  Restarted, turned off firewall, nothing. Stuck at 0%.  Now I really don't know what to do. Any advice?
Hey drunken! I remember seeing you online! Anywayz I'm not much of an expert on gamemaster, but using the auto-installing is probably the easiest way. I recommend checking out one of these tutorials if you are stuck. (I recommend the swbfgamers one, as Led goes into a lot more detail than mine)

Anyway all the best, and I'm sure others can help more if your still stuck.

Quote from: Drunken_Master on December 01, 2014, 06:46:57 PM
SWBF 1 Worked for a few hours only!  Now stuck at 0%.  I am so desperate to play again!  Thanks in advance for help!

I am running Win 7.  I have the original game disk installed.  USA Xfinity ISP supposed to be wide open, and my router is NAT-ing with no restrictions. I am a network engineer by trade.

I re-installed tunngel then saw that was old news.  I installed gamemaster launcher though I can't really tell that it does anything.  I got the new exe, put it in the wrong place and got the bink error.  Added Bink dll, program error-ed out.  Restarted PC. My baby girl kept crying and interrupting me.  Turned off Comodo firewall, no better.  Finally got the fix by Anyder, put it in the Gamedata folder, and it worked!  My son and I played for a few hours, I was so happy!!! 

I came back an hour later and get stuck at the 0% with the Anyder file.  Turned off Comodo firewall, nothing.  Still stuck at 0%.  Restarted, turned off firewall, nothing. Stuck at 0%.  Now I really don't know what to do. Any advice?

Well, sometimes simply hitting "Cancel" on the screen stuck at 0 will actually bring you to a full server list...
Assuming you hit cancel and it works, congratz!
Assuming you hit it but you're not seeing all the servers, you may have to play with your Online Options. Try changing the settings to "Search All Regions"

And if you hit cancel and it just doesn't work at all... I don't know.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Thanks guys.  Unfortunately hitting cancel leads to a blank list.  I may go over the tutorials, maybe uninstall and reinstall.  Having it work for 3 or so hours then not at all confuses me a bit...

That kiwi picture is hilarious   :D

Have you tried launching straight from the battlefront file - not a desktop shortcut? It's in the GameData folder.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Same thing happened to me, sort of. Gamemaster suddenly stopped working one day. So I redid the process (manually) and after I restarted my computer it worked again.

I personally have never had problems with it, but all I've done is modify the Hosts file, I haven't replaced my .EXE

Maybe the hosts file is a more reliable way to do it...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Drunken_Master on December 02, 2014, 08:07:02 AM
Thanks guys.  Unfortunately hitting cancel leads to a blank list.  I may go over the tutorials, maybe uninstall and reinstall.  Having it work for 3 or so hours then not at all confuses me a bit...

That kiwi picture is hilarious   :D

I remember having an issue with my swbf2 game master. It worked for a few days, then stopped working. I relised afterwards that I had forgotten to rename the .exe file to battlefront2.exe, I have no idea why it worked at all b4 that lol.  this may be the same issue your having with swbf1.

Also thanks, I like this pciture also. To be honest I have no idea what your profile picture is of, looks interesting though. :)

Well how about that, I modified the hosts file and went back to the gamespy.exe and it works again!!!!  :slap:

Thank you thank you thank you!!   :cheer:

Perhaps there is in fact something a little unstable about the modified exe?

BTW, my pic could be clearer, but is the original Drunken Master, Chéng Lóng (later known as Jackie Chan)  :cheers:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080179/

I knew that something would be a bit funky about community-created programs and stuff- there always is. (Don't get me wrong, creators! You make great stuff, but there's a reason it's not "certified". ;) )

Good to hear you're back in action, Drunken! I'll see ya in-game.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

December 02, 2014, 06:46:37 PM #84 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:58:51 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Ultimo on December 02, 2014, 05:04:10 PM
I knew that something would be a bit funky about community-created programs and stuff- there always is. (Don't get me wrong, creators! You make great stuff, but there's a reason it's not "certified". ;) )

Good to hear you're back in action, Drunken! I'll see ya in-game.
It should make no difference. I use a modified EXE and not a HOSTS file. Both of these solutions were made by the community so I don't understand what you mean there.

Quote from: Ultimo on December 02, 2014, 05:04:10 PM

I concur with Phobos.  There is nothing at all unusual about the exe file.  It just has a new name for the to point to the replacement master server.

The master server can have its own problems occasionally, but so far, Gamemaster has been more stable than Gamespy and even has more functionality (we can see server pings again from the lobby).

I suspect a firewall issue or other temporary DNS issue as the real culprit in this case.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ehh I thought that the .EXE was a little more modified than just a few ports/what-not.

Don't worry 'bout what I said, I do say "funny" things sometimes.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper