How to Play SWBF1 on Mac 10.5.8 or higher

Started by Kit Fisto, October 28, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay in the meanwhile it worked one time that i could type my serial key in but after that the installation app keeps crashing somehow. Then I tried to install it with wine and it seemed to work but every time I had to change the cd it only went on when I choosed volume D:. I think this installation was successful but after I had clicked "play" in the launch menu it told me that I have to put in disc one what I already had because it was asked for at the final part of the installation.
With No-CD fixed exe it doesnt work either. The game is starting but before I get to the main menu or something before my whole macbook freezes.
Now Im really confused.
Could you explain what you mean by transfer it? I also own a windows 7 laptop but the game wont start on it, but installation works, so am I able to transfer the Data from the windows laptop to my mac?

Thank you for your help!

Greets Dark_F

*Kicks topic* Okay so I have installed BF1 but I can't find where to access the C: drive for Wine. Any help?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

if you open up wine, then go to Start at the menu up at top of screen and select My Computer you'll see drive c and it's in there. I followed Kits youtube video and that was helpful for me.

I don't get the start menu, just "Wine" and "Window"

Interesting...all i can think of is make sure you have the latest version of wine and OS X. And follow the video, that worked for me. Did you download X Quarts too?

May 02, 2015, 07:16:40 AM #80 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:42:00 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
For some reason, I can't physically open Wine, I have to run a .exe and wait for it to load, but still just Wine and Window at the top. Now when I tried to update Wine, I can't delete the older Wine because it says its already opened (It's not)

Update: I was able to get the Wine File Manager open but I can't put the GameData into the ported SWBF App. [spoiler][/spoiler]

Another Update: I FIXED ITTTT [spoiler][/spoiler]

Awesome!

May 20, 2015, 02:57:16 PM #82 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:36:06 PM by Blast Tyrant
Success!
Thank you Kit Fisto and SWBF Gamers!
The install was pretty easy thanks to your YouTube video.

Hey Kit, how do you play SWBF port without the cd in?My Cd Drive broke long ago on my mac and been using an external drive(which doesn't work most of the time...).It's becoming quite a hassle and it would certainly be awkward to get a no-cd crack folder for a legitimate copy of the game...
Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on May 27, 2017, 02:12:54 AM
Hey Kit, how do you play SWBF port without the cd in?My Cd Drive broke long ago on my mac and been using an external drive(which doesn't work most of the time...).It's becoming quite a hassle and it would certainly be awkward to get a no-cd crack folder for a legitimate copy of the game...
Hey, I'd install it on a friends computer (that's what I have to do now) and transferring the files you need.
That or borrow someones external CD drive.
I don't recommend pirating the game in any way.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 03, 2017, 04:17:42 PM
Hey, I'd install it on a friends computer (that's what I have to do now) and transferring the files you need.
That or borrow someone's external CD drive.
I don't recommend pirating the game in any way.

It's not pirating if you already install it.and the CD's just there so that the game wouldn't be pirated anyway.I anyways want to preserve my CD (you know, for the future...).is it legal to get a no-CD Patch/Crack?The game is pretty old.
Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 03, 2017, 11:09:36 PM
It's not pirating if you already install it.and the CD's just there so that the game wouldn't be pirated anyway.I anyways want to preserve my CD (you know, for the future...).is it legal to get a no-CD Patch/Crack?The game is pretty old.

The first part is what Kit already said--install it and move it over.

However, the strict answer to your question is "No".  But you can look for one, just not post the information on this website. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet