New Computer

Started by Rexy, June 30, 2009, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well I am planning on getting a new computer becuase my current one has a broken disc drive :( Plus I cant play any of the recent games... So I was wondering if you guys could recommend a good mac for me. Price is not an object and I can wait for the new snow leopard. Also I was wondering if it is possible to customize a mac like for a dell? All I want this computer is to do is play games and lots of them :P Also if there are any applications you recommend that would be good that would be awesome :P. And I do agree this is better than geeksquad :P

Get a big new iMac with Leopard and lots of Hard Drive Space :)  :xmaswhip:

Well, if price is not a problem, you can always load up a Mac Pro with everything in it for $23,000.

But anyway, just go with a Mac Pro. Sure, it has a tower, but the power that thing packs in is great.

"Also I was wondering if it is possible to customize a mac like for a dell? All I want this computer is to do is play games and lots of them"

That immediately says PC in my mind. As I recall, there's no such thing as customization for a Mac with the exception of a memory upgrade which won't last you for long. If you want something better, you gotta get a new one. If you have the money, feel free. But something tells me you won't be spending 2,000+ every year to have an up-to-date computer.

If a Mac is the only thing your parents will let you have, then stick with an iMac. You can upgrade to Snow Leopard anytime for 29 USD so if you NEED a new computer now, you'll be fine. Mac Pros aren't much different compared to iMacs unless you're gonna buff it up before you buy.

#TYBG

Price limit is 5,000 dollars.  ;) ;) ;)
Is a pc better than mac? Graphic wise for games I mean. If so, do all desktops have the monitor and then that box with all the data in it?

It's not really your platform that matters in terms of graphics. In terms of price, PCs are infinitely better than Macs. You can get a PC that runs every single game out there at high settings for several hundred dollars less than a Mac.

No, most PCs do not come with a monitor. You have to buy one. They're about 200 dollars, depending on type, manufacturer, and size.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I hope that price limit wasn't sarcasm...

#TYBG

It was... I was just giving how much I was going to have.. I have $4,783.96

And you're gonna dump all that cash on a computer? What a waste....

If it was me, and I was concerned with playing a lot of games, I would probably buy the Mac Pro. Easily upgradeable for later and if you put a 1TB hard drive in it with 6 GB of ram you should be all set for dual booting into XP or Vista (or even Windows 7?) for even more games. But as far as monitors go, I probably wouldn't spend the money on an Apple Monitor. Dell, Samsung, and others have great monitors for much cheaper.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

If you can live with Windows, you're better off with a PC instead of Boot Camp. (a lot of people are too stupid to do it correctly)

Otherwise get a Mac Pro.

#TYBG

Quote from: Aeria Gloris on July 01, 2009, 07:33:19 AM
If you can live with Windows, you're better off with a PC instead of Boot Camp. (a lot of people are too stupid to do it correctly)

Otherwise get a Mac Pro.

Macbook Pros are too bulky and weirdly built for gaming. My dad has one. Trust me, it ain't good for SWBF and stuff like that. I suggest an upgraded Macbook or an iMac. My Macbook has 4 gigs of RAM (only cost $50 extra to add 2 more) 512 MB vram, 180 gig HD etc. It's a good gaming computer by my means. And it was only 1.5k.

Mac Pro =/ Macbook Pro

Mac Pros are the towers. Macbook Pros are laptops.

It's not really the computers themselves that matter, it's the parts in them.

I can't tell which specific builds you're referring to. Can you be more specific?