Playing Star Wars Battlefront on Mac OS X

Started by ErikRiefe, May 30, 2017, 07:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 03, 2017, 11:25:41 PM
This is the port, which uses Cider(as the other one on the website uses WINE).Has regular loading speeds, as apposed to wine, and multiplayer works (for me).http://portingteam.com/files/file/8333-star-wars-battlefront-2/

PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR BOTH WINE AND THIS PORT(Man I love that word)YOU WILL NEED A NO-CD CRACK/PATCH.

You will also require WINE to install the game, from which you can move the game files to the port.

Remember to place the port in applications as it won't save a bit then.I recommend using an application caled PlayOnMac (linux as well)to install as it is way easier to work with.Or you can use the installer app that came with the SWBF1 port that you hosted (should work, as it installs certain wine tricks and libraries when you start up the app).
I don't think this is the real issue with why I can't join the Battlefront 2 servers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the no-cd patch effects the LaunchBFII.exe which you do not need to play Battlefront 2 if you have the cider port.
I do not even have my LaunchBFII.exe in my cider port because it is not needed to play.
Does swbfspy attempt to communicate with LaunchBFII.exe?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 04, 2017, 02:13:09 PM
I don't think this is the real issue with why I can't join the Battlefront 2 servers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the no-cd patch effects the LaunchBFII.exe which you do not need to play Battlefront 2 if you have the cider port.
I do not even have my LaunchBFII.exe in my cider port because it is not needed to play.
Does swbfspy attempt to communicate with LaunchBFII.exe?

LaunchbfII is not even used anymore,it was just that many people didn't know that you could launch through battlefrontII.exe in WINE and seeing an exe called LaunchBFII certainly looked like the right exe.
Generic Sig goes here