PS2 swbf

Started by JackDaniel, January 31, 2017, 12:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 01, 2017, 06:32:41 AM #15 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:34:17 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Anthony_b on March 01, 2017, 03:34:08 AM
Battlefront 1 also doesn't have as many modding capabilities as SWBF2 does, in regards to server side changes.
This appears to be even more true regarding the PS2 than the PC editions.

I'll put any mods I can that are requested on the SWBFSpy PS2 server, but there's more limitations than what is possible for server side changes on the [FC] Battlefront PC server.

Quote from: Phobos on March 01, 2017, 06:32:41 AM
This appears to be even more true regarding the PS2 than the PC editions.

I'll put any mods I can that are requested on the SWBFSpy PS2 server, but there's more limitations than what is possible for server side changes on the [FC] Battlefront PC server.

This is because the assets used to rebuild files included with mod tools match the PC client assets. In PS2 assets were tweaked but those specific PS2 assets were not released with mod tools. Things have to be adjusted to match the PS2 clients or things will become dysfunctional. So far it seems the only issue is the thing with unit count values. Hopefully that will be the only issue to deal with. I had this same issue in SWBF2 when trying to build a new mission.lvl for the server and it took a pretty long time to go through each map script and guess a correct unit count value, test it, restart the server/ps2 if it crashed, then try again. I really don't want to have to go through this again but I will if I am really needed, and for any other issues that may appear.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Anthony_b on March 01, 2017, 07:23:52 AM
This is because the assets used to rebuild files included with mod tools match the PC client assets. In PS2 assets were tweaked but those specific PS2 assets were not released with mod tools. Things have to be adjusted to match the PS2 clients or things will become dysfunctional. So far it seems the only issue is the thing with unit count values. Hopefully that will be the only issue to deal with. I had this same issue in SWBF2 when trying to build a new mission.lvl for the server and it took a pretty long time to go through each map script and guess a correct unit count value, test it, restart the server/ps2 if it crashed, then try again. I really don't want to have to go through this again but I will if I am really needed, and for any other issues that may appear.
tirpider has posted a method which can show the numerical values for all of these munged LUA codes, we could try to use that later to reconstruct the PS2 LUA, and create a proper ps2 mission.LVL builder which munges identical to a stock PS2 mission.lvl.

There were previous discussions already about porting the PS2 map camera values to the PC and combining them in the client mission LUA. We know these simple LUA mods are also possible for the PS2 if you use the ISO/USB method. Snake and I have discussed trying to add Tatooine Jabba's Palace to the shell\missionlist.lua, but an easier method might be simply replacing a stock map (such as geonosis).

Having AddUnitClass & SetUnitCount discrepancies between the host and clients for PC servers can sometimes cause random crashes in MP, which for the PS2 means a reboot bug. Sereja has mentioned that this bug doesn't usually cause crashes in Singleplayer.

I thought about a Jabba's Palace as well but don't enjoy SWBF1 enough to put time into it. I created a method to replace Lua scripts inside a compiled file if you want me to help you there, in regards to updating the missionlist.lua
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

hi Phobos i got the swbf1 ps2 patch from the memory card today.
https://mega.nz/#!jZ5UGLjA!nqtozTn6EUaI26qRX07mPK4WNtatrphEk4mxGAVMzjk
thanks goes to GARAGAMUS for modding my network adapter to fit a WD hard drive  :cheers:

upload widget

Quote from: oldsnake on March 05, 2017, 08:00:49 PM
thanks goes to GARAGAMUS for modding my network adapter to fit a WD hard drive  :cheers:
[spoiler]
upload widget[/spoiler]
Thx snake for uploading this :cheers: Now it might be possible in theory to replicate the patch for other players somehow

March 31, 2017, 09:36:16 PM #21 Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:15:19 PM by Mike
Quote from: Phobos on March 10, 2017, 04:25:22 AM
Thx snake for uploading this :cheers: Now it might be possible in theory to replicate the patch for other players somehow

In regards to the PS2 SWBF1 patch, what exactly did it do? This still confuses me. Wasn't it an issue where players who did not have the patch were unable to see the server list? But after GameSpy went down none of us needed the patch anymore anyway so this was a good thing?

What benefit would there be to getting the patch to everyone? I thought it just caused problems, or did it actually improve something about the game?

EDIT: I now see you guys talking about the patch helping with an issue that made PS2's reload? Does that mean you get kicked out of the server? Is that what the purpose of the patch was, just to fix that issue?

Quote from: Mike on March 31, 2017, 09:36:16 PM
In regards to the PS2 SWBF1 patch, what exactly did it do? This still confuses me. Wasn't it an issue where players who did not have the patch were unable to see the server list? But after GameSpy went down none of us needed the patch anymore anyway so this was a good thing?

What benefit would there be to getting the patch to everyone? I thought it just caused problems, or did it actually improve something about the game?

EDIT: I now see you guys talking about the patch helping with an issue that made PS2's reload? Does that mean you get kicked out of the server? Is that what the purpose of the patch was, just to fix that issue?
I don't remember what features the patch included, oldsnake could elaborate on that. I know it was more than just fixing reboot bug though. There are some discrepancies between the PC and PS2 LUA on certain missions, which when using a modded PC mission.lvl on the PS2 server host, causes the ps2 players' consoles to reboot on those maps. A new mission.lvl builder for the PS2 could be constructed which fixes these maps but it hasn't been built yet.

Regarding the patch Snake uploaded, it might not be possible to edit this in a way that other players could use on either an emulator or modded PS2 ISO on a USB drive, but the idea was just to get a copy of the patch archived on SWBFGamers, in case someone eventually figures out a way to make the patch functional for other players.

Thank you Oldsnake for the patch. Now we need to find out how to tweak it in order for everybody to use it. Do you think it contains some informations regarding ythe MAC Address of the network adapter or the model of your PS2?
I play SWBF I and SWBF II on Playstation 2

Quote from: oldsnake on March 05, 2017, 08:00:49 PM

upload widget

Hi oldsnake. in order to make this patch usable for other users, we need the i.Link ID from the console this patch was originally downloaded.

Please, run the software on the provided link on your PS2 and send the files to carlosulier1@gmail.com so we can inject your i.Link ID on the game IOP code and make it usable for other users.

Download: http://aybabtu.chez.com/kHn/ID_DUMPER.ZIP

Best regards!

You will probably want to PM oldsnake as I have not seen him lately.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

hi V3dita BR here are the files you need      :cheers:                                                                                          https://mega.nz/#!eA4xnaiR!IN5NIh81vP42V3rUlH6nD80LN5ZqqikTB7fJgarKnEc

March 17, 2019, 05:31:00 AM #27 Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:33:28 AM by V3dita BR
Here are the patched files. Replace old files with Apache or similar app.
https://i.imgur.com/fM2mrTn.png

ISO Tools > update selected file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IjzHW0ry0xZgddUfq9FAsupYOjuqS9LF

patched files are in DVD folder. Should work on PCSX2 and burned disk. Dont expect it to work with any optical drive emulator like OPL, as it replace game drivers and the hack vanishes.

@oldsnake, does it happen to you have the patch of SWBF2 or any other game?

hi V3dita BR how does the .ppf file work will not copy to memory card or does the patch go in the iso folders?
was able to make a new iso with the updated files on it with the patch on the memory card. using copy replace. mymc for mem card. made the new iso with imgburn. patched iso dnas with IDCheck + Generator v1.0 - PE / windip v1.7
got message about network config created on another console. so made a new config using the game disc cause the online start up disc 4_0 would not work. using the game disc solved the problem to make a new network config. the disc works for online but it seems it does not find the patch. i get normal servers list lobby and can join and play on the servers using the updated iso