PS2 swbf

Started by JackDaniel, January 31, 2017, 12:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, we have a growing community for the original swbf on ps2, we have a few on Tuesday but around 8-9 players online on Saturdays. Here's our fb group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PS2.SWBF1. We also have a group for the 2nd game swbf2 also on ps2 and rounds up around 16 players on Friday nights: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PS2.SWBFII

Thanks JackDaniels.   Let us know if you need a server.  Also, if there have been any DNAS IP updates, please let us know too.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

We have 2 servers but we use your server as well, the swbfspy server. I'm in the swbfspy server right now waiting for people to join. Will it be possible, maybe tomorrow, to lower the Ais to 4 or 5 though? Thx :)

swbf2?   or  swbf1?

Quote from: JackDaniel on January 31, 2017, 06:59:23 PM
We have 2 servers but we use your server as well, the swbfspy server. I'm in the swbfspy server right now waiting for people to join. Will it be possible, maybe tomorrow, to lower the Ais to 4 or 5 though? Thx :)
if u are referring to the SWBF1Spy server, i can lower the AI settings tomorrow. let me know if u guys want any map changes as well (or other settings such as heroes/team damage/AA) i cant play in the server currently since my emulator won't connect to either SWBFGamers or Christian's DNS server :confused:

current maplist (randomized)
bes1a bes1r bes2a bes2r kas1i kas2i kas2c nab1i nab2a nab2c_h rhn1i rhn2a rhn2c tat1r tat1i tat2i tat2r yav1i yav1c yav2i end1a kam1c geo1r hot1i

Phobos, thx yeah, we have 2 servers on swbf on our own but not always on as the guy is working night shifts so we play on your server sometimes. We noticed some maps makes our ps2 reload, 2 so far, naboo: plains gcw and rhen var: citadel clones. Next map after rhen var: citadel was the same one but with gcw and we could join so I don't know what's the bug there. Anyway, if you could remove those 2 maps for now, unless you find what's causing the bug, that would be appreciated, thx :) I'll keep you updated if any more maps make us reboot.
As for the maps, most of us are still new so we'd like all the maps in regular rotation and then later, we'll let you know what maps are too big for so few players on. But lowering the reinforcements and Ais would be a good option.  I'm admin on dracula's server on swbf2 on ps2 and we found out that the best AIs count, when no/few players onlines are 4. The community, found out that 3 was not enough and 5 was too much. And as for reinforcement, I put them on 105 on swbf2 but I don't know how it's working on swbf. Main goal is not to play a map for 1 hour if even player, but around 20 minutes and as for now, I played some maps that lasted almost an hour with 330 reinfo so maybe halving them would be better. Thx Phobos and Led, you guys are awesome :) contact me whenever you want and join our 2 fb groups I mentionned above if you want, and keep up the good work :)

hi jackDaniel
We noticed some maps makes our ps2 reload
this is a known issue that cannot be fixed. the patch fixed it but is no longer available. even sometimes with the patch version this happens on my lan server. hoth is the one that reboots my ps2 the most. Phobos was looking for a copy of the patch stored on the memory card to see if it can be fixed to use on any ps2. i have the patch but do not have a modded ps2 to get the file from the memory card onto the pc to share it. so maybe you could ask your facebook group if any players have the means to do this. here is the other facebook group for the swbf1 ps2 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Starwars-Battlefront-1-PS2-online-2015/682060561848914?ref=hl

February 01, 2017, 09:52:27 AM #7 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:00:26 AM by Phobos
Ok I've removed Hoth, Plains GCW and Citadel CW. Added Plains CW and Harbor CW. Autoaim, team damage, and heroes are disabled with 4 AI set to hard.

New maplist
bes1a bes1r bes2a bes2r end1a geo1r kam1c kas1i kas2i kas2c nab1c nab2a nab2c_h rhn1i rhn1r rhn2a tat1r tat1i tat2i tat2r yav1i yav1c yav2i

There are some imperial side mods such as improved 1.2 dark trooper shotgun and refuel. Also the GCW sides should have extended aiming range and use primary weapons. I think this is only in effect for imp side currently.
Also the server lobby says "missing map" on nab2c_h but players can still join the server.

@Phobos: I tested these maps yesterday, kas2i kas2c nab1c nab2a nab2c_h rhn1i rhn1r rhn2a
nab1c: Made my ps2 reload
rhn2a: Was fine joining from the previous map but I quit and rejoined and it made my ps2 reload too. Tried it twice and reloaded again. I waited in the lobby for rhn2a to be over but when down to 0 reinforcements, the server disappeared from the list. I refreshed the list often during the next 10 min and still no server. Maybe the next map tat1r is the problem.
I'll test more maps and will keep you updated via pm, Phobos.

@Oldsnake: Our server owner said he downloaded the server on this site and we played hoth the other day and we play often all 4 rhen var and we don't have the ps2 reload bug. The server he downloaded came with mods like the infinite flight and double rockets.

Quote from: JackDaniel on February 02, 2017, 07:24:05 PM
@Oldsnake: Our server owner said he downloaded the server on this site and we played hoth the other day and we play often all 4 rhen var and we don't have the ps2 reload bug. The server he downloaded came with mods like the infinite flight and double rockets.
These are side mods, the ps2 reload bug appears to be related to mission LUA mods. Snake and I are hex editing the ps2 mission.lvl for low spawns and 300 v 300 reinforcements

It may be worth noting that using a custom mission.lvl can crash the game or present that reboot bug. This is because the default unit counts are not the same as the unit counts in the mission lua files included with mod tools. This is one of those things that must match on the host+client side in order for everything to work properly.

The thing that controls this is the SetUnitCount() function. In PC this may be around 30 or 32. In the default PS2 mission.lvl the values were naturally lowered to match the hard coded unit limit of 16 (or close to 16).

It's up to you to use a default mission.lvl or take the time to guess the right values to use for SetUnitCount if you want to use a custom mission.lvl
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Anthony_b on February 28, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
It may be worth noting that using a custom mission.lvl can crash the game or present that reboot bug. This is because the default unit counts are not the same as the unit counts in the mission lua files included with mod tools. This is one of those things that must match on the host+client side in order for everything to work properly.

The thing that controls this is the SetUnitCount() function. In PC this may be around 30 or 32. In the default PS2 mission.lvl the values were naturally lowered to match the hard coded unit limit of 16 (or close to 16).

It's up to you to use a default mission.lvl or take the time to guess the right values to use for SetUnitCount if you want to use a custom mission.lvl
Hey Anthony, missed you buddy, getting missions into multiplayer is great but hard to get it to work but you made some awesome mods on bf2 and if you can make some cool one in bf1 than cool. I bought bf1 a month ago and been playing it since. And Snake and Phobos got some cool mods so you 3 work together ^^

Quote from: JackDaniel on February 28, 2017, 11:50:16 PM
Hey Anthony, missed you buddy, getting missions into multiplayer is great but hard to get it to work but you made some awesome mods on bf2 and if you can make some cool one in bf1 than cool. I bought bf1 a month ago and been playing it since. And Snake and Phobos got some cool mods so you 3 work together ^^
Pyro, also bringing his swbf2 glitching server up next month. Is he on this forum too?

I don't care about making mods for the server side any more for either game. I was just pointing out the main issue for those who want to rebuild the mission scripts for Battlefront 1.

Battlefront 1 also doesn't have as many modding capabilities as SWBF2 does, in regards to server side changes.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: JackDaniel on March 01, 2017, 12:25:54 AM
Pyro, also bringing his swbf2 glitching server up next month. Is he on this forum too?

He has an account here, but he's not posted in a long while.