How to Play SWBF with new GameMaster masterserver internet option

Started by Led, May 28, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Chris2fer on December 17, 2014, 03:15:46 PM
Hey guys!

So I just got everything working on my Mac, I got the game ported and the internet working so I can see all the servers, but it won't let me get on the main server with everyone. I can get on most of the other servers, but when I try to join the CCfastspawn server it tells me my CD Key isn't authorized. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

That's happened to me as well. Wine seems to be pretty temperamental, sometimes it just seems to work if you relaunch the game a few times.

Another issue I've found is that I can't join password locked rooms, as the prompt window to enter a password is somehow missing.

I'm so excited to play with you guys! I still need to find my disc when I get home this weekend...

& Unit 33 I freaking love your avi <3

Quote from: Yule-Nit 33 on December 18, 2014, 01:18:09 AM
Another issue I've found is that I can't join password locked rooms, as the prompt window to enter a password is somehow missing.
I wonder if a shell script mod could fix that. ifs_mp_sessionlist.lua is the largest script in the game though, so it would probably be difficult.

That's happened to me as well. Wine seems to be pretty temperamental, sometimes it just seems to work if you relaunch the game a few times.

Quote from: Phobos on December 18, 2014, 02:37:24 AM
I wonder if a shell script mod could fix that. ifs_mp_sessionlist.lua is the largest script in the game though, so it would probably be difficult.

This happened to me like 2 years ago, and it was cause i had the 1.0 shell, so i guess u could just change it and try
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

See its working on and off.. Ive tired a few different cd keys and that hasn't helped. It seems like it depends on the number of people in the server... but that doesn't make sense to me... I always have trouble joining when there are like 8+ people already playing, but if there are like 1-5 I can join fine.

Lemme try to do this  :xmastim:
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

It worked but no one was on, probably because it's Christmas eve
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

Quote from: {212}Leader.Arrow on December 24, 2014, 08:19:17 PM
Hey Arrow, Im on xfire if you want to play

Quote from: {212}Leader.Arrow on December 24, 2014, 08:19:17 PM
It's not really starting until Friday

I, uh, just got the same message ("Your CD Key is Not Authorized To Play This Game").
I'm on Windows 8.1.
The server I tried to enter was the first one on the "{PLA} PC Servers" list that appears on the right hand of the homepage, immediately below "Recent Posts."  It even did that weird thing where it'd show me in the players list when I looked from the lobby but still, not authorized.

I made sure to check that there was an exception with the firewall in the control panel thing.
What else do I need to do?

Quote from: BlackScorpion on December 26, 2014, 03:59:18 PM
I, uh, just got the same message ("Your CD Key is Not Authorized To Play This Game").
I'm on Windows 8.1.
The server I tried to enter was the first one on the "{PLA} PC Servers" list that appears on the right hand of the homepage, immediately below "Recent Posts."  It even did that weird thing where it'd show me in the players list when I looked from the lobby but still, not authorized.

I made sure to check that there was an exception with the firewall in the control panel thing.
What else do I need to do?

I just got the same error, but I recieved the message when I tried to join the [FC] Mos Eisley server.

Your CD Key is Not Authorized To Play This Game is a server sided issue. once the server is rebooted this message will go away.

Quote from: Shazam on December 26, 2014, 07:42:25 PM
I just got the same error, but I recieved the message when I tried to join the [FC] Mos Eisley server.
Quote from: oldsnake on December 26, 2014, 08:15:42 PM
Your CD Key is Not Authorized To Play This Game is a server sided issue. once the server is rebooted this message will go away.
I have restarted the root servers.