R.I.P Xfire

Started by [FC]BoMbeR, June 09, 2015, 10:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Really sad to see xfire shut down.  :td:

June 10, 2015, 11:55:59 AM #32 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:06:51 PM by Joseph
Quote from: Shazam on June 10, 2015, 10:48:34 AM
I wish we could have had more notice--there are a lot of people I will likely lose contact with.

I would like to see the community decide as a whole where we will be relocating, rather than everyone going to this-or-that IM program.

agreed, maybe an industrious/knowledgeable person should list the options and pros/cons.

(yeah if xfire gave no notice, that's almost unbelievably stupid...)

June 10, 2015, 12:52:16 PM #33 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:57:01 PM by Snake
Quote from: {GGR}Caboose on June 10, 2015, 11:00:10 AM
Im going to miss xfire, reunited with alot of people on there.  :'(

Yes, a lot of the very old AaTc members that returned for the new battlefront were reunited via xfire. This is just terrible timing with EABF coming up and lots of old players returning. The first place they would go is xfire. We need to find a good alternative quickly. I think Steam would likely be a good candidate even though I don't have it yet.

Woot #5379
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It's only dropping by 50 max an hour at the moment, if they stop on Friday there's going to be alot of upset people .
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

QuoteUPDATE: We are aware of an issue where archives only contain a metadata file. We are also aware that the queue is taking too long to go down. We are working to fix these issues soon.

Maybe the speed will pick up some soon.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Be careful, shutting your computer down resets your queue position. I went from #688 yesterday to #2329 this morning.

Quote from: Syyy on June 11, 2015, 05:23:25 AM
Be careful, shutting your computer down resets your queue position. I went from #688 yesterday to #2329 this morning.
Same here, even a brief disconnect from the internet does that too. I was at #1900 something last night, now I'm back at #2417.

I had no disconnect from the internet and I'm now #14162  :o
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Cull aka Keenmike's xfire files are 800mb in a 7z that finally downloaded. If Led wants to host them here PM me the FTP details and I'll upload it from the root. Otherwise I can try to upload it somewhere else.

June 11, 2015, 09:28:17 AM #41 Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:48:00 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Mine just downloaded while I was out, it doesn't help your internet connections but it means you at least don't have to stay around, it gives you one big 7zip folder that contains everything - the only downside is you lose all the pictures names and descriptions.
The speed has also increased since last night.

On a side note there must be another gdh92 on evolve already :(

Edit: Apparently I used Evolve in the past  :slap:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Has someone the screenshots of BattleBelk yet?

Well it's friday and I'm #11730 so it looks like I will be one of the many not getting their screenshots.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

well its saturday on 13th june here :p .