How many...?

Started by -=(212) Nixo=-, September 14, 2012, 06:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What is the maximum number of mod maps that you can have downloaded and able to play at the same time. When you go to instant action how many other than the main maps can you have at once???

Without going into the technical details, you can have about 20-25 maps in Addon for 1.2 and still have them work.

The modders here are working on making new eras, and if so, we would be able to effectively add new "stock" maps, thereby bypassing the Addon limit in a way.

For SWBF 1.3, you can have over 500 maps in Addon.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay thx and say you have downloaded too many what will happen just so I know. And when you want another mod map even though you already have the maximum do you delete one you don't want and then download the new one or is there somewhere you can store the one you dont want ATM so if you ever what it again you dont have to download it again???

September 14, 2012, 02:56:10 PM #3 Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:59:54 PM by {212}Mart
All you do is make another folder somewhere and drag the map in theere, in* your computer C:       when you want to play it just drag it back into your add on

Okay what do I call the folder, or doesn't it matter  and is this new folder got limited space or not??? And I put this new folder inside the same folder as the add on is???

If you have too many add-ons they just won't start which isn't to much of a problem but it also means your game will crash on Jabbas Palace in multiplayer because thats in the addon section (called Tat3 so remember not to delete this :) ).
I keep all my spare maps in drive C (just right click in a blank space and create a new folder). There's no limit to how many maps you put in your back-up folder, you can call it anything and and you can put it anywhere but I think if you put it in with your SWBF game files it would be deleted with the game if you ever re-installed.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Okay thanks xD I will try it when my pc works again...:sigh:... 8)

September 15, 2012, 11:24:19 AM #7 Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:27:10 AM by Commando Sharpshot "Sev"
i have problems when i try to play on Bespin Platforms it crashes the GAME!!! Why is that?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: 501st Commander Sharpshot on September 15, 2012, 11:24:19 AM
i have problems when i try to play on Bespin Platforms it crashes the GAME!!! Why is that?
Have you modded your bes1 file recently?

no. I dont really use it but then when i want to use it i cant.

Have you modded your mission.lvl since the last time you played it?

Is it crashing in SP, MP, or both?

nope havent modded my mission.lvl only my common.lvl and both.

Are you sure it isn't happening on any other maps? Check just to make sure.

i did yesterday and its only that one dang map!

Sounds to me that it's your bes1 file, but if you haven't changed or modded it recently then I don't know what's wrong, sorry.  :confused: