Tunngle/LAN Help

Started by Ultimo, March 20, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 20, 2014, 04:14:11 PM Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:12:39 PM by WusiMm. Whisper
While using Tunngle (after taking a massive break from SWBF), I've encountered the problem of getting onto servers, and when the game ends, I'm only being shown the ending screenshot and not being shown the Scorecard, and the Done and Awards buttons. I will sit for a few minutes, hoping it goes ahead and moves to the next map for me automatically like it used to, but it does not.

Can someone please help me out? I have not at all modified my files, so I'm lead to believe it's either a problem with my Tunngle/LAN or it's a problem with the servers. (If everyone else can use the servers fine, then it's definitely not that.)

EDIT: After a few more attempts, the problem only seems to be happening when I'm the only person in the server. I wouldn't call it fixed, though. I hope somebody out there may have an answer.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

If you quit and rejoin the server does it go to the next map? If it's a server that's not used much it might need to be reset.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on March 21, 2014, 10:12:53 AM
If you quit and rejoin the server does it go to the next map? If it's a server that's not used much it might need to be reset.
It's usually only happening when I go into PLA's Cloud City server.
And I don't know of any way to leave the server once I'm at the between maps frame (the scorecard). I've never been able to leave the server itself without leaving the whole game then restarting the game. If there is a way, that would be great, and I'm surprised I would've never figured it out myself after 5 years on Battlefront. I know you can't open the Pause menu during the Scorecard....
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

This sounds more like a problem with your game specifically, not with LAN or servers.  If the final scores are not showing up, then I would look at reinstalling your game completely with disc.  I say this because PLA Cloud City is used quite often and I personally have never seen it.
Do you shut down all programs when you play (other than Tunngle)?  Is your game slow to begin with?  Anything weird on your screen?

The only problem I know of relatively like this is the "End-of-Game hang" where nobody can go on because the Done button does not show up on the scores screen.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Have you ever installed any mods in the past and are you on Vista or above? It's possible for mods to get stuck in Windows' Virtual Store. Try copying this into your address bar in Windows Explorer to get to there. If you see a Data folder and an Addon folder delete them both.

%appdata%\..\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on March 21, 2014, 05:25:28 PM
Do you shut down all programs when you play (other than Tunngle)?  Is your game slow to begin with?  Anything weird on your screen?
My game is not slow, there is a weird sharpie mark on my screen that I don't remember being there, though... (Yes, it's my sharpie marker because its the streak is the same gold tone as the marker.)
I do run Skype, Steam, and Tunngle constantly, and sometime XFire. Maybe it's time to cut down on those... I don't know though.

I have also only installed StarKiller's crosshairs mod since I got this computer and installed SWBF, and have had no other mods put into the game. I do run Windows 8.1 i believe, but I haven't had any problems with the scorecard until after getting Tunngle and before getting the crosshairs mod. I'm not sure what the problem may be. But I will try to reinstall the game to check for a fix. I'll report back here on the results. Thanks for your help guys. :)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 21, 2014, 05:35:41 PM
Have you ever installed any mods in the past and are you on Vista or above? It's possible for mods to get stuck in Windows' Virtual Store. Try copying this into your address bar in Windows Explorer to get to there. If you see a Data folder and an Addon folder delete them both.

%appdata%\..\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\
Dude, I've been stuck on Ace's CIS mod for years (thats why I always played on my flash drive, which didn't have it), I replaced it with the correct one and even downloaded the stock CIS and REP from here that Led upload, none of it worked. I found CIS.lvl in that address you specified, and now I can play single player CW again! Thank-ya kindly. -- I have a great deal of mod maps in the addon folder of the virtual store.. Not to meantion great screen shots from long ago.

It's getting worse.
Yes, I mean WORSE.
REALLY BAD PROBLEM.

This happened after I removed all mods from my computer, uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled it without modifying anything. I have no clue what's going on. I only have XFire and Tunngle open when I was trying to play. I can't get in any of the servers, but I do have all of the maps, I'm sure.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

And again, still no modifications made by me. SWBF is just slowly falling apart. This time it's not even giving me the weird code for what map I'm missing.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

That usually indicates a tunngle connection issue.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on March 21, 2014, 08:27:33 PM
That usually indicates a tunngle connection issue.
I'll be honest, I was just considering that a few moments ago.
Thus I have now uninstalled Tunngle and am preparing to install it once more.
One thing I noticed while uninstalling it was the program name being "Tunngle Beta."
If the version I got is Beta and it's different from everyone else, that may be the case. But I don't know if I'm the only one with this so-called Beta version.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

All of tunngle is called beta.  Just be sure to upgrade to the latest version.

March 21, 2014, 09:00:05 PM #12 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:57:07 PM by Whisper
Aye. Thanks  :tu:

EDIT: Well I'm Back to square one: The scorecard glitch. :shrug: Still no changes to my files, SWBF and Tunngle are both re-installed very recently, and well... Still seems like I'm the only one with the Scorecard malfunction. I don't know.
Thanks for everyone's help here already, you guys have been great!  ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

One of the TCF guys had the same problem.  I'm not sure what he did to fix it, but we can try to figure it out.