Special thread for Asky902

Started by asky902, September 25, 2016, 02:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 25, 2016, 02:37:17 AM Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:14:06 AM by asky902
how can I change the sound of turret like the imperial cruiser
in this video .

https://youtu.be/sA3o_UpFn7E

You can download and use any screen recording program. For example, you could use Fraps on a PC or Quicktime player on a Mac. Google "screen recorder" and you'll have many options to choose from.

Fraps is very good as it also lets you record your desktop and gives you an FPS counter in game. Only downside is that it will say Fraps at the top of your videos unless you pay for it.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

bandicam is very good, and get 10 mins record for free version (can restrart it easily after 10 mins if you notice it) and auto compresses so it doesn't take up all your disk space as quicker.

September 25, 2016, 06:35:25 AM #4 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:38:48 AM by Ltin
I remember Xfire can record video (does anyone still use that anymore?)

If you are on windows 10 you can probably use the Xbox app to record. To open the gamebar press Win+G.
It doesn't seem to like non-windowed games, so if that doesn't work, pressing Win+Alt+R can start and stop recording (the screen will flash once to tell you it's working).
edit: i think you can also do the record what just happened thing, but i dont know how to do that.

the best of all it's fraps: no frames drop, high fps, excellent recording quality.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Plays.tv is another good capture system I've used. It's free, and you can trim your clips with the software too. (You can set it to record up to 5 mins, or set it to no limit if you want to record more than a 5-min montage vid). As far has resources go, I've found little to no lag in recording with it (compared to using XSplit/Bandicam trying to record games such as Gear Up and GMod on my laptop). I'd recommend giving it a try, though might take a few mins to setup the settings to your liking as its meant to do montage/highlight stuff like those CS:GO/LoL/CoD games.

Fraps and Bandicam are probably the best choices.

If you have a nvidia card i recommend using shadowplay"share" feature.
You can also try OBS, It a lot more customizable than of other recording/streaming programs.

Quote from: OnlineX420 on September 25, 2016, 02:13:44 PM
If you have a nvidia card i recommend using shadowplay"share" feature.
You can also try OBS, It a lot more customizable than of other recording/streaming programs.

Doesn't that program let you record 30 minutes of something that already happened ? I would think that would destroy your fps

September 25, 2016, 05:15:15 PM #10 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:21:55 PM by Ltin
Quote from: Jean on September 25, 2016, 02:45:03 PM
Doesn't that program let you record 30 minutes of something that already happened ? I would think that would destroy your fps
according to Nvidia, it doesn't. It's probably easier to accomplish when you design the hardware it runs on.

I might try it out myself actually.
Edit: keep in mind it only works on more higher end graphics cards (my 940m for example does not support it).

Quote from: Ltin on September 25, 2016, 05:15:15 PM
according to Nvidia, it doesn't. It's probably easier to accomplish when you design the hardware it runs on.

I might try it out myself actually.
Edit: keep in mind it only works on more higher end graphics cards (my 940m for example does not support it).

Good to know. I knew about it because one of my friends on Steam had mentioned it, but I always wondered if it killed fps lol

Quote from: i2Bros on September 25, 2016, 06:37:05 AM
the best of all it's fraps: no frames drop, high fps, excellent recording quality.

I would have to object to this and say Dxtory is the best. Fraps does actually drop your FPS at times and the recording quality isn't the best.

Quote from: Gold Man on September 25, 2016, 08:47:51 AM
Plays.tv is another good capture system I've used. It's free, and you can trim your clips with the software too. (You can set it to record up to 5 mins, or set it to no limit if you want to record more than a 5-min montage vid). As far has resources go, I've found little to no lag in recording with it (compared to using XSplit/Bandicam trying to record games such as Gear Up and GMod on my laptop). I'd recommend giving it a try, though might take a few mins to setup the settings to your liking as its meant to do montage/highlight stuff like those CS:GO/LoL/CoD games.

I would also up this. Plays.TV is perfect for recording. I have it on most of the time since it can save gameplay clips so if something awesome happens, it's right there.

However that's not always the case, recently I've began to hate Play.TV. The recording quality is perfect but there's two really annoying reasons why:

• It sometimes changes your preferences randomly, meaning when something good actually does happen, it never is recording. I literally hate them for this, because it always records the boring moments and is never on when something good happens.
  • Recently it has been causing crashes for games. Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 are clean of this but other games are not.

For an NVIDIA GPU, I'd recommend Shadow Play, it's the equivalent of Plays.TV, except it doesn't change your settings and crash your games like AMD *cough buy NVIDIA *cough don't make the same mistake as me *cough *cough

Quote from: Jean on September 25, 2016, 06:20:20 PM
Good to know. I knew about it because one of my friends on Steam had mentioned it, but I always wondered if it killed fps lol

As mentioned, it's similar to Plays.TV. It never causes FPS drops. Except if you're using AMD, some games may crash.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

And if you're using AMD you'll probably experience a weird color glitch haha

how can I see the whole map in swbfii .please help
sky