New battefront every 3 years.

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 28, 2013, 09:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
More rumours from an interview with Ea's boss.
QuoteThe shooter rotation we think about now is Battlefield, Titanfall and Battlefront, and so we like those three brands going forward.
We're working out how we're going to line that up because that's what you'll see from us.

3 years seems like a reasonable cycle to me as long as it gains something interesting each time.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

That could be nice..
Also means they'll be constrained to a very small time limit in creating the games. But if they use the same source code every time, I guess it could be possible.

i wish that it could be a little sooner than 3 years but i hope that 3 years will give them a lot of time to make a awesome sequel. And it also took a while to develop Renegade and Elite Squad so i guess i can't complain.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

August 28, 2013, 04:09:34 PM #3 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:15:31 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on August 28, 2013, 02:36:14 PM
i wish that it could be a little sooner than 3 years but i hope that 3 years will give them a lot of time to make a awesome sequel. And it also took a while to develop Renegade and Elite Squad so i guess i can't complain.

Elite Squadron is basically Free Radical's scrapped SWBF3 rehashed to be for PSP. Once Free Radical got closed down, LucasArts took the project to Rebellion (the makers of Renegade Squadron), and they just simply hashed it into another portable console exclusive Battlefront game.

As for the Battlefront every 3 years thing though, I'm pretty chill with that. Heck, Xfire still has people playing COD: 4 and 2, both are well over 3 years old! I see no problem with that sort of idea actually. The 3 years time does give the game's community time to sink in and establish some more larger-based clans and communities, rather than releasing a new game every year, which essentially causes the communities to be more spread out and merge across several games.

If they do somehow end up using some of the same basic source code (multiplayer specifically) then they could run it on the same master server (and perhaps get the games able to run on eachothers semi-dedicated servers! That would be cool..) and the game players could play together. It would be a pretty big stretch though.

Sounds good to me. But we all know that the first SWBF by EA will be the biggest.  ;)

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on August 28, 2013, 04:09:34 PM
another portable console exclusive Battlefront game.
it was developed for the Nintendo DS by N-space, and the releases co-coincided if i remember correctly
as for three years, im really not incredibly confident that it will come out every 3 years. that just the rotation. that doesnt mean one comes out each year.
DICE is or will be working on 2/3 of that list. that means they heave less time to work than respawan would have to work on titanfall

Er yeah why not.
As long as it doesn't get stuck in a cycle of stagnation.