Disconnected

Started by tirpider, December 17, 2012, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, it's happened.  I have to log of the net for a bit.

I'm dropping the internet (and it's bill) at the end of the month.  Partially for financial reasons, but also to combat the disconnect the Wife and I are feeling. 

I will still be working on projects for SWBF, and any releases, notes, progress I make will continue to be posted here, exclusivly.  All that will change is the frequency of my visits as the nearest wifi is a cumbersome hike from my home.

This may only last a couple of months, or it may just stay this way.  Difficult to tell.  Always in motion is the future.

If you have any request for permission to edit/use/hack/ect any of the work I have posted here, I give you blanket permission to do so, as long as it stays within the LA license and respects community standards for attribution of credits.  (That's mainly out of respect for the folks who's work mine is based on.)

If you have questions about msh files, go ahead and either post them in one of my threads or email/message me.  I'm still around, but it may be a few weeks before I can respond.

I like you guys and this site.  Buckler has gone out of his way to make sure we have this common ground to meet on for years to come.  I hope to continue working with and around you all as those years pass.

-tirpider
tirpider@yahoo.com

Well I hope you will rejoin us at sometime! Well its been cool bro, enjoy your real-life endeavors and I'd like to wish you all the best. Thanks again and bye :) :cheers:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

You're a cool guy tirpider  :P We all respect your decision, in the long run your wife and other things in life deserve more attention. Thanks for all the mods you have produced and will leave here for us to enjoy. May the force be with you good fellow  :D

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Thanks for all of your wonderful contributions to this community, I'm sure everyone will miss you.  :(

It was a pleasure getting to know you. Good luck out there! Hope to see you visit! :cheers:

Although I didn't get to know ya well, may the force be with you in your future endeavors, Tirpider!

Good luck were your journey leads you. It is typically a bad idea to let ones hobbies and the internet come between a married couple.

(Plus Unit was/is threatening to ban people without festive names.)

I hope the disconnect helps out your family life. The internet is very consuming and can come between the things that really matter. If you do decide to come back, the community will be ready to have you here. Thanks for the modding contributions, and I hope to see you again  :cheers:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

December 17, 2012, 10:43:21 PM #8 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:13:17 PM by YULE-nit 33
I jolly well hope to see you later Mr. Tirp!
I think I'll just about manage not throwing random requests at you for a while :panic:
Farewell!

Take care, T.

When you can get back on, we will be here!

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Best of luck with everything, you've given alot to this community, hope to see you around still . :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I hope you have a good rest of your life Tirpider! You will remeber you.  :cheers:

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Oh, real life, is realy important thing. Try do not miss it, and good luck with it! :)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Good luck out in the real world!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!