[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

December 15, 2010, 12:03:07 PM #16 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:53:11 AM by ggctuk2005
The only one left needing a skirt is the Episode III Clone Commander... and some of the heroes do too (Sidious, Anakin, Ki-Adi etc)

EDIT: Caped Commanders are in! Special thanks to AQT on GameToast for helping me with the hex-editing. I have been told that the capes are one-sided though, but since you view most units from the back anyway that's not a huge problem.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

December 17, 2010, 08:02:00 AM #18 Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:17:21 AM by ggctuk2005
Some further details:

-The mod will be released in two formats: A lite edition and a regular edition. The regular has more cosmetic changes and will include several custom maps updated to work with the mod. The lite edition will only contain Bespin: Platforms, Naboo: Theed and Yavin IV: Arena, and the Republic side will only have Phase I, 501st and Snow skins.
-Some skins have been removed to cut back on size - as such the many Droid variations are gone (Snow, Geonosis, Camo), as are some of the Empire (501st, Shadow) and Rebel variations (Naboo).
-Some units have been removed (Republic will not suffer anything heavy in the way of losses, nor will the CIS. The Rebels will lose the Naboo-Exclusive Jedi Knight class, and the Empire will lose the Skytrooper and Incinerator Trooper) These changes have been made to make the new units fit into the five-class system.
-In Historical Campaign, for the Clone Wars, you will not unlock the Commander Class properly until Geonosis. The Droid Commander unit is not included in Instant Action (replaced by the MagnaGuard)

Also, map tests results so far (I have modified some of the stock maps):

[spoiler]BESPIN: CLOUD CITY - Unchanged
BESPIN: PLATFORMS - Works with MPM, currently untested in BFE
ENDOR: BUNKER - Unchanged
GEONOSIS: SPIRE - Unchanged
HOTH: ECHO BASE - Unchanged
KAMINO: TIPOCA CITY - Unchanged
KASHYYYK: ISLANDS - Works with MPM, currently untested in BFE
KASHYYYK: DOCKS - Works with MPM, currently untested in BFE
NABOO: PLAINS - Crashed inexplicably in MPM, map now will be stock instead
NABOO: THEED - Works with MPM, currently untested in BFE
RHEN VAR: HARBOR - Untested
RHEN VAR: CITADEL - Unchanged
TATOOINE: DUNE SEA - Untested
TATOOINE: MOS EISLEY - Works with MPM, currently untested in BFE
YAVIN IV: TEMPLE - Unchanged
YAVIN IV: ARENA - Works with MPM, currently untested in BFE[/spoiler]

I still have a lot of rescripting to do with the units as they all receive new names.So far I've gotten up to Naboo's scripts.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Dune Sea, Geonosis, and Theed work almost perfectly when edited in zeroedit.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I know, I almost made BF2 Theed from BF1 Theed :D

I do not know why some maps don't work though. It may be something simple or altogether more complicated. I found with most of the others you can modify the levels by either A - loading a second LVL file before the first with all the new stuff, or B - As I did with these maps, simply go into the object placement files and change them manually. It's how I got vehicles into Bespin, Yavin IV Arena and Mos Eisley without them crashing.
In Progress:

On Hold:

will any republic units be using a chaingun?
Current Projects:

December 20, 2010, 01:14:19 AM #22 Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:06:43 PM by ggctuk2005
Yes. The Clone Commander unit will use the Chaingun but to make it a bit more challenging only one AI unit may spawn as a Clone Commander at a time.

EDIT TIME: I'm munging the sides as I type now. I have also added in several additional sound effects - grunts and groans for heroes (although I am considering removing them as unncecessary and to save space), and new weapon sounds. I'm trying to adhere to the "use as little as possible" rule GameToast has while upholding certain creative things (IE having canonical sounds in my mod in regards to weapons). The E-11 has now got a separate sound from the DC15 Carbine (the sound is recorded from the Soundboards at Star Wars website since it's the only place to find a clean sample), and the commando pistol sound is also in.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Silly GameToast... More sounds = more fun!
I'm sure George Lucas won't mind.

Can't wait till this meets release point. I have been waiting to see another good mod for some time now.
photobucket limit image removed

The eventual plan for Expansion will be to have V2 with a brand-new campaign and maybe some new Galactic Conquests, but since we don't yet have the ability to edit shell.lvl (although now I have missionlist.lua from it courtesy of Teancum), so for now I'm happy with expanding on what MPM was going to do.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm trying to decide a universal base for the Blaster Rifle, so which would you like to see?

1) Unlimited ammo, Overheat, roughly 20 shots before overheating (Currently going with this one)
2) 20 rounds per clip, unlimited clips, slower reload time
3) 55 rounds per clip, 8 clips, standard reload time

I'm also trying to figure out what kind of special weapon to give to the Clone Commando. Any ideas?
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's an idea for Blaster Rifles. I'm more inclined to support the "1) Unlimited ammo, Overheat, roughly 20 shots before overheating (Currently going with this one)" option. but you could also have
- each blaster rifle will carry a single clip of 300 shots. But the it also overheats after 20 or so shots.

As for the Clone Commando, I'd give it the DC-17M rifle alongside the DC-17M Sniper. and instead of grenades, give it the Anti-Armor clip.
Current Projects:

December 31, 2010, 10:24:09 AM #28 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:28:22 PM by ggctuk2005
That suggestion, while it would be the most canonical, would make the CW commando classes extremely unbalanced as I already have worked out what the Droid Commando will have (Sniper Rifle, Commando Pistol, Disguise and Thermal Detonators)

EDIT: I have decided on this for the special weapon of the Clone Commando:

It's a disguised Anti-Droid EMP mine. Its purpose is mainly for human characters, and it may fool them for a while (perhaps I should change the colour scheme back to red?) But when a droid steps on it, it triggers an EMP blast which will do relatively little damage to your team (about 1/4 of the damage), while droids will usually be instantly destroyed by it. Vehicles are also not safe from it. But I think I will limit it to three mines a battlefield.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Ok, here's a rework of my idea

-The DC-17M rifle, only give a few clips (like  2 or 3) of 60 rounds (more balanced),  or a single clip of 300 rounds (more canonical).

-for the Anti-Armor, make it less powerful, and only as powerful as a thermal detonator, but a little more damaging to vehicles. and have it have 1 round per clip, and the give the clone commando only 3-4 of them to use.

-and if you haven't finished the CIS side yet, you could make the droid commando's pistol more damaging (maybe like 3 hit kill), and make the pistol last a lot longer before overheating.
Current Projects: