You won't be seeing much of me anymore

Started by Shazam, June 21, 2013, 02:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, guys. For those of you who have been wondering, I've been having some major computer problems and that's why I'm not really active anymore. I got this virus on my laptop that basically won't let me log on to my main user account. I made a guest user account a long time ago, so I can do things that don't require administrator privileges on that account, but I can't open any of my useful files (SWBF, Tunggle, ect.) because, for some odd reason, the virus is blocking their permission.

For now, I will just be logging onto here from my phone.

Dang man, that sucks! Really was looking forward to playing with you in the summer! After I just sent you a PM too. :P

Anyways, perhaps we can still talk over Xfire? You do have Xblaze on your iPhone, right? :confused:

Those things can be nasty. 

I have used Malwarebytes to recover before.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Dang that sucks man. I'm sorry. Hopefully you will find a way to fix it.

Well it's been a pleasure, I hope you eventually sort out the problems.

June 21, 2013, 03:42:57 PM #6 Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:46:46 PM by Josh
Sorry bro, we will miss you. Again, what's is going on with our computers?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

June 21, 2013, 04:02:43 PM #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:13:23 PM by Honey Badger
That sucks, I hope you fix it quickly! I was wondering why I didn't see you on swbf anymore.

:((((((
those viruses are bad trouble. that's why iv got 3 anti-malware/spyware programs on my comp. iv had to deal with a number of Trojan Horses. not fun. good luck fixing it.

June 22, 2013, 03:56:04 AM #9 Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:47:30 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Sorry to hear it. Hope you can come back soon.
There's a few antivirus things you can try for free.
Norton Power eraser: This is for viruses that a normal scanner won't fix but can occasionally delete other programs (can be undone)- http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx?ssdcat=221&serviceid=81&pName=N360&origin=stmnu&env=prod&layout=esd&tooltype=both

And for general virus protection there is
Malwarebytes
Spybot - Search and deatroy
AVG
They are all free and you should use all of them at once.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

My IT teacher in Info Tech pointed out that Kapersky is a really good anti-virus software also. They have some free trial products, free products, and paid products, feel free to try them out if you get the chance:

http://www.kaspersky.ca/downloads

June 22, 2013, 05:48:44 AM #11 Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:08:15 AM by Josh
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 22, 2013, 05:38:14 AM
My IT teacher in Info Tech pointed out that Kapersky is a really good anti-virus software also. They have some free trial products, free products, and paid products, feel free to try them out if you get the chance:

I would go with that if you have the money to spend. It's what my mom uses and it has worked very well.
Another idea would be to go to your local computer place, totally wipe out all the data, that may help. Plus, your PC will be (almost) as good as new!  :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Thankfully when I had a nasty virus I was able to reset the machine to a previous state, pre-virus and that was that.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 22, 2013, 05:38:14 AM

yes, kaspersky is the best. I had a trial when i bought my new computer, worked amazing.

June 22, 2013, 09:41:24 AM #14 Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:44:31 AM by Shazam
Thank you for all of the support! I have decided that I am going to whipe my computer and essentially start from scratch. I have done this a couple times before already, so it should be pretty quick since I have most of the files saved on flash drives and other places already. I'm going to save as much of my SWBF files as possible, but mostly just the ones that I am currently using ingame.

I have successfully launched Internet Explorer from my guest user account and I wasn't able to do that before, so I think I'm going to wait a week or so to see if I can get some other things to work first. My grandpa fixes and works on computers for a living and he is helping me with some things, too. Wish me luck!

-edit: OH MY GOSH. Tunngle is launching somehow!  :D