Star Wars & Off Topic

Started by Ultimo, May 25, 2014, 09:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think our site needs a Star Wars and Off Topic forum instead of everything that fits in those coming together in the General forum.
Small addition, but hey, I think it would help with organization. Plenty of other forums I know generally try to have a separate Off Topic forum.

Hope you like my suggestion. :)

P.S.: If you're ever looking for any help moderating things, or would need somebody to moderate a new board, I'm always willing to help out the community. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper on May 25, 2014, 09:38:08 PM
I think our site needs a Star Wars and Off Topic forum instead of everything that fits in those coming together in the General forum.
Small addition, but hey, I think it would help with organization. Plenty of other forums I know generally try to have a separate Off Topic forum.

Hope you like my suggestion. :)

P.S.: If you're ever looking for any help moderating things, or would need somebody to moderate a new board, I'm always willing to help out the community. ;)
I would prefer the Star Wars stuff in a different forum, not the other way around.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 25, 2014, 09:39:38 PM
I would prefer the Star Wars stuff in a different forum, not the other way around.
Oh! Perhaps I was a bit misleading. I was referring to how General is basically where all Star Wars and Off Topic things collide.
I was suggesting we make the two ideas as different forums. (Star Wars Forum) (Off Topic Forum)
Sorry for any confusion. :)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper on May 25, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
Oh! Perhaps I was a bit misleading. I was referring to how General is basically where all Star Wars and Off Topic things collide.
I was suggesting we make the two ideas as different forums. (Star Wars Forum) (Off Topic Forum)
Sorry for any confusion. :)
Well I think "Off Topic" should remain named "General". IDK. Maybe I just don't like change  ::). It's the admin's decision, anyway.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 25, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
Well I think "Off Topic" should remain named "General". IDK. Maybe I just don't like change  ::). It's the admin's decision, anyway.
Aye!
However, I feel like General could be mistaken as anything versus Off Topic just meaning what doesn't already have a forum.
I get your point though.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Déjà vu!

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5965

Quote from: Led on January 18, 2013, 05:44:12 AM
We have too many boards right now as it is, so please just continue your discussions in General.

Not to be discouraging, but if anything we really should be discussing boards to close. I haven't been very active lately and when I stop in from time to time I find it difficult to navigate through them all. I feel I'm always missing somthing. I guess in this case it is possible to be so organized things become more complex and frustrating to navigate through.
-my two cents

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on May 26, 2014, 05:02:51 AM
Not to be discouraging, but if anything we really should be discussing boards to close. I haven't been very active lately and when I stop in from time to time I find it difficult to navigate through them all. I feel I'm always missing somthing. I guess in this case it is possible to be so organized things become more complex and frustrating to navigate through.
-my two cents
You may opt out of boards a you see fit under 'Modify Profile' -> 'Ignore Boards Options'.
But I guess you're actually on about the overall organisation and I agree that 'General' has become a miscellaneous thread dumping ground.

So you're suggesting less boards? Hmm... I can help plan with that and still get my idea out of it. Thanks for the idea. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper