Hello from the Netherlands!

Started by Perongeluk, May 06, 2019, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey friends I'd like to thank SWBF for creating the spy system! I am currently running a dedicated sever called New Age for people interested, might venture into SWBF2 if there's any person is interested! Got any tips on ticket counts? Custom maps? Lemme know  and I'll see what I can do!

Welcome to the Battlefront and our little corner of the internet!  8)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

If you mean ticks per second then most people use 30 or 40 tps

I think he means tickets like 200 v 200
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I did mean the 200 v 200 type of tickets, I set the tps to 60, idk if that is even legal but the internet said I could do it. Thank you all!

Quote from: Perongeluk on May 07, 2019, 05:15:03 AM
I did mean the 200 v 200 type of tickets, I set the tps to 60, idk if that is even legal but the internet said I could do it. Thank you all!

The only problem I have noticed at 60 FPS is that it is harder to toss mines.  Internet bandwidth has increased a lot since 2004, and no one has complained of lag these days.   :cheers:

I set that to 2Mbps as well, so hopefully all is fine, gonna check out some custom maps so I can have one custom map server and one classic server. Last question on that, is there a way to get edit the respawn time?

Quote from: Perongeluk on May 07, 2019, 05:39:05 AM
I set that to 2Mbps as well, so hopefully all is fine, gonna check out some custom maps so I can have one custom map server and one classic server. Last question on that, is there a way to get edit the respawn time?

Yes.  Respawn can be changed through recompiling the mission.lvl file (but values below 2 cause problems).
Here is my fastspawn mission file that you can use:
https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=433

If you can set you Mbps even higher, the I suggest you do it.

Thank you for that file! Well my problem is that it will set it to 3+, does that mean every piece of bandwith it can find or rather between 3-6? Cause if it is the latter it should be no problem, otherwise my main pc might suffer

Try it, I do not think it will be a problem. It will only use what it needs.  Setting it lower is just a hard cap.