MileHighGuy's Deployables

Started by MileHighGuy, May 18, 2014, 07:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 18, 2014, 07:30:18 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:22:12 PM by MileHighGuy
Download link http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1137

I finally figured out how to make deployable objects that you can't push and can stack.

Included:

Ramp - for when you want to stop the enemies advance but not your own

Box - for cover and some stacking

Barrier - a big barricade good for cover

Lift - a really fun toy. You can jump on top and let it take you into the sky. you can set the max height to rise to.

deployable turrets: beam and blaster - the beam turret is good for killing all who pass. adjust the damage to your liking. the blaster is good for cover fire
               - they will aim where you aim when deployed

shield generator - a cool deployable that generates a large shield similar to a droideka. provides cover for multiple soldiers.
         -you can make it follow you or stand still

credits:

Sereja - shield generator reference

Andeweget - ZEtools xsi plugin

IMPORTANT: you need to add

SetMemoryPoolSize("MountedTurret", 999) -- for the turrets
SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityHover", 999) -- for the ramp, box, and barrier
SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityDroid", 999) -- for the shield generator and for the lift

to your lua file. It doesn't have to be 999 but it needs to be there.

If you want to make your own msh the mesh needs to be placed foreward from the dummyroot null so when you fire it doesnt spawn in your head.

Very nice, thanks for sharing!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Interesting...

About the deployable turrets, do they sit in the air like I noticed when I tried deployable tripod turrets?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Yes they do. There is no way around it. But it is still cool and useful because they fire where you aim.