RCs Chain Sword

Started by RepComm, November 26, 2013, 12:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my Chain sword (version 1).
[spoiler][/spoiler]
dl: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7349.0;attach=3079

If you use this in your map or mod, you should credit me!
Credits:
-RepublicCommando-: Model, Texture, and edits.
Sereja: Teaching me how to use scrolling textures, and for most of what I know in XSI.
Requested by Unit33/Regent

Known Issues:
I only have a 2 dimensional texture projection, so the x axis polygons are pretty useless.. (Less detail on the top and bottum).
I will most likely eventually redo this, and have a full texture on it.
The scrolling texture isn't exactly perfect either, but it will do (I've never done it before).

This is a particularly fine example of a melee weapon.

my prediction was correct, now the bill...
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

It would be really neat to have an engine sound for it, and when you fire, it just increases the audio rate.. Not sure if that is possible. But I seriously doubt it would be possible to have it constantly running.. Perhaps a charge up sound, and have it function like the arc caster?

That is just friggin neato.

If I ever had to be cleaved in a melee, I would both hate and be honored to be rendered by a device such as that. (I'd mostly try to avoid it though.)

Good job, man.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 26, 2013, 01:08:00 PM
It would be really neat to have an engine sound for it, and when you fire, it just increases the audio rate.. Not sure if that is possible. But I seriously doubt it would be possible to have it constantly running.. Perhaps a charge up sound, and have it function like the arc caster?
very nice assets. i think i might be able to add a chainsaw sound effect to it i will try later.

Now all we need is a giant cooked turkey with chunk physics, and we will be ready for carving... ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet