3rd Mac-PC Gamers Battlefront League Match @ 8pm EST

Started by Dresh, March 23, 2009, 12:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the draw is up for this match!  If you're not in the draw you never signed up! If you want to play in the match please post either here or on the thisiswar site before the start of the match so that additional players can be added to teams before the match starts.

A few ppl mentioned the Maze for the map pool. there is a map pool discussion thread on the tiw site. If you want it in either the regular pool (or the extended pool) post on the tiw site and let's see how everyone feels about it!

Remember to take screenshots of the score sheets!

Hey i posted really early on in the thread but I am not listed for either team. Did I get booted or something?

Thanks

MG

lol, you are on the list and in the draw! Look under Team A!  
Sitting too long in front of your monitor me thinks!
I also deleted your post on the TiW site!

Just saw it, but for the rest of us who are blind as well:

Team A:
SchTick
Sarg
MacGenius

Team B:
Tomaszl
The_Pi
Hardcore

The maps are: Tatooine: Jabba's Palace (CW) & Kashyyyk: Docks (GCW)

The format is as follows:

Lobby Map: Hosts Choice (picked from shipped maps)
1st rnd Tatooine: Jabba's Palace: Team A - Republic (clones) | Team B - CIS (droids)
2nd rnd Tatooine: Jabba's Palace: Team A - CIS | Team B - Republic

Lobby Map: Hosts Choice (picked from shipped maps)
3st rnd Kashyyyk: Docks: Team A - Rebel Alliance (rebels) | Team B - Empire (stormtroopers)
4nd rnd Kashyyyk: Docks: Team A - Empire | Team B - Rebel Alliance

Also you do realize that those the the 2 lagiest maps for most people right?

If you don't think they should be in the map pool then let us know why in the Map pool changes thread! (http://www.thisiswar.co.uk/plugins/foru ... c.php?1697)

This is the first time I have had to deal with direct connection so I have no idea what maps are good for you guys hosting or not.  The map pool is only limited to certain maps cos you guys haven't discussed any more about what maps you want etc since the last pool change!  The reason there is a pool is to stop ppl moaning about what maps they play, they are there in black and white and can be changed after discussion and agreement to ensure is the majority is happy with what maps are played.

The extended map pool is currently all the shipped map an I know that some of them are really not suitable, maybe that should be our first task...to weed out the ones we def don't want to play (using I don't like it is not good enough reason...unless everyone else wants it dropped too)...majority rules!  Then we can start adding other maps we think are suitable!

I'm going to have to back out of this again. sorry

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I may be able to. I need to try to see if I can set it up.

MG

Ye sI can host. Just tested with Mr. iBlade and it worked.

Brilliant!  All you need to do is set things up in the format you copied and pasted above!  Also add an extra lobby at the start so that there are 2 lobbies then the match starts.  this allows for late comers or ppl that have their clocks set wrong.  Throw in a a couple of bots in the mix too!

Erm. Ok. A warning though. I am going to need to leave at 9:15 at the latest. If it goes any longer than that I am going to need to quit and have someone else host. I have other things i need to do tonight as well.

Thanks

MG