(SWBF1) SWBFSpy and HD1080p at same time?

Started by ThePOWER74, October 13, 2017, 09:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 13, 2017, 09:51:20 PM Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:15:36 PM by Led
I remember installing a launcher I downloaded from here that ran all the gameplay in 1080p, really nice, which I cant find, but I also wanted to use that with the SWBFSpy to play online. Is there a way to launch it in 1080p with online capability?

Quote from: ThePOWER74 on October 13, 2017, 09:51:20 PM
I remember installing a launcher I downloaded from here that ran all the gameplay in 1080p, really nice, which I cant find, but I also wanted to use that with the SWBFSpy to play online. Is there a way to launch it in 1080p with online capability?

Just to be clear, SWBF1 or SWBF2?

For  SWBF1 we have BattleBelk's resolution changer:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=303

It is OK, some have commented that the player view gets stretched a bit.  You can also run the game in a windowed mode.

I am not sure about SWBF2.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

YES! Thats exactly what I'm talking about! SWBF 1 btw. So how can I now run this launcher and SWBFSpy at the same time? Would it work if I deleted the original "Battlefront" launcher app, then renamed the "BattlefrontSpy" to "Battlefront", then used the SWBF Launcher you linked? You know what I mean?

Yes, that should do it.  See the attached file for my set up.

Awesome, thank you so much for the help! I'm gonna have lots of fun on BF1 online in 1080p!

This is probably the wrong place to ask but where or what is the best way of getting a copy of swbf1 and playing it online? Does it still need a valid key to play online?

Here is the thread you are looking for: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10570.0
As far as getting a copy of SWBF1 - you can get cd copies on amazon for $5 (or less) used or the Fan Favorites pack (with BF1,BF2, and Republic Commando) for $5 used.  Once it's installed, the SWBFSpy patches are no-cd compatible.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Cheers for the response :)
Unfortunately I can't find a cheap copy on Amazon, the cheapest is $20. Would used copy be acceptable? Would it be possible to play online with swbfspy if the cdkey is generated? I ask because if the copy is used then surely it wouldn't work for me?

Star wars best of pc is a bit cheaper and has 5 games including battlefront. Used copy shouldn't be an issue though, it's only the same as reinstalling.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Caedus on October 15, 2017, 10:02:23 AM
Cheers for the response :)
Unfortunately I can't find a cheap copy on Amazon, the cheapest is $20. Would used copy be acceptable? Would it be possible to play online with swbfspy if the cdkey is generated? I ask because if the copy is used then surely it wouldn't work for me?

SWBFspy does not check CD keys.  However, you will need a key for installation.