Deformed unit MSH issue

Started by Red04SWBF, June 07, 2019, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 07, 2019, 09:28:42 AM Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:41:20 AM by Red04 (CC-4398)
I've modified a MSH unit model with XSI Softimage, what I have done has been to remove some parts from one of the override texture by node selection (it seems that the parts were joined together), and once this is done I have selected the DummyRoot and exported it. But testing in-game, the model appears deformed:

Is there any way to correct this?
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Try remove envelope of model and do it again it could take time but it will fix model

Quote from: NoBody20026 on June 08, 2019, 01:16:45 AM
Try remove envelope of model and do it again it could take time but it will fix model

Sorry if I ask, but is there a tutorial about the enveloping process after remove it?
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Red04 have you solved this yet?
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on June 12, 2019, 08:17:31 AM
Red04 have you solved this yet?

Not yet, I wanted to fix it but I haven't had much time. I was also looking for a tutorial explaining how to envelope a unit model because it seems it's the way to correct it.

By chance, do you know any tutorials about this?

No, I was honestly hoping someone else would comment, I have my own similar issue to this.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

I guess I wrote once some tutorial about this, but here is a new version, must be more understandable with pics.

So here the Sereja's tutorial: How to make animated human model.

Step 1
First you need to have your human model for animate already, (new_guy). Put it under its own Null.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 2
Then you need to import some stock human model from the assets. Lets take a clone trooper (rep_inf_trooper).
Step 3
Copy the clone model, and put it under the same Null, with the new_guy.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 4
Now, you probably need to discard clone texture, and leave only new guy texture. For this you need to select Null, and change pink Model theme to the blue Render.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 5
Now under Modify, click Materials and drop textures from the new_guy, to the override_texture1 (in this sample it will be Luke.tga).
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 6
You need to back in the pink Model theme. Select override_texture1 and under Select, click at Polygon button. Then crop this model by mouse. It should be red.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 7
Now you need to translate the clone model to the some distance. Click at Z direction under Transform, and translate clone to the backside a little bit.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 8
You need to merge those models together now, so back in Object mode, hold Ctrl, and select them together.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Under Create click Poly.Mesh>Merge. In pop-up window, under Merge Properties and Materials, UVs, click Merge, and under Shape Animation click Merge. Then uder Inputs click Delete.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 9
Now you have a new guy, with clone as single model.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's already have animation, but you still need to make it's points colored.
Choose green Animate theme. Under Select click Point and crop few of the new guy points, which should be same colored (use clone as sample).
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 10
Under Deform click Envelope>Reassign Locally and choose to pick same colored bone (in this sample bone_r_toe). Click right mouse button and you will get one of the animated parts. You have to do the the same with all of other same colored bones and points.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 11
After all of the points gets their correct colours, you have to discard clone sample. Click Polygon, crop it and press Delete at your keypad. Now you have the fully animated new guy model.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Step 12
Now lets put it in the hierarchy. Click at bone_root and put it under new_guy. Put the new_guy under DummyRoot. Delete override_texture. You also probably need to edit shadow sv_clonetrooper, but I guess there shouldn't be problem with that. That's it! New guy is ready for export.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: