Why don't Jedi's fall over when killed?

Started by Bluetothestars, June 15, 2022, 04:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So in the cutscenes of Knightfall, it shows the Jedi's falling when killed by Anakin, but in game they don't, is there a mod to make it so Jedi's as well as maybe Jedi Heroes fall when killed?

You'll have to mod the game, you have two methods of making the heroes die like soldiers:

1) In each character ODF file, add FleeLikeAHero = 0

or

2) In each mission script, after ScriptPostLoad() add this command and repeat the command for each ODF class name

SetClassProperty("rep_inf_example_trooper_name", "FleeLikeAHero", "0")
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on June 18, 2022, 02:35:18 AMYou'll have to mod the game, you have two methods of making the heroes die like soldiers:

or

2) In each mission script, after ScriptPostLoad() add this command and repeat the command for each ODF class name

Where do I find the ODF files? Sorry I'm new! <3

You have to learn to mod and produce a new copy of the "SIDE" files with your new ODFs.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on June 18, 2022, 02:35:18 AMYou'll have to mod the game, you have two methods of making the heroes die like soldiers:

or

or

Okay, I did this, but it's not working.

Then you did it wrong. I know ODF stuff very well, both of the options I posted work for sure.

August 22, 2022, 09:20:04 PM #6 Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 09:25:01 PM by Bluetothestars
Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 22, 2022, 07:39:35 PMThen you did it wrong. I know ODF stuff very well, both of the options I posted work for sure.

Where abouts do I put the code?

I've been putting it at the bottom in the odf.

You need to learn how to munge a new side with the extra ODF coding. I hope you're not just making the ODF edits to the source files without doing anything else.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 22, 2022, 11:14:50 PMYou need to learn how to munge a new side with the extra ODF coding. I hope you're not just making the ODF edits to the source files without doing anything else.

... All I want is to mod the current base game so heroes fall over when dying. I know I'm doing something correct because when I edit the mission scripts to get different heroes for the test map, it works. What exactly am I meant to do after doing extra ODF coding? From the tutorials I've followed I thought I edit the odf and can munch straight away?

I really don't understand. You need to be way more clear.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 23, 2022, 01:17:54 PMI really don't understand. You need to be way more clear.
So you know the maps that are already in the game? Like death star, dagobah, etc, I want to make it so heroes on any of the maps that come with the base game fall like regular troopers.

I understand that fine. I don't understand at all what you were trying to do with mod tools.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 23, 2022, 02:45:04 PMI understand that fine. I don't understand at all what you were trying to do with mod tools.
I tried editing the scripts and the odfs and leaving one and editing the other and vice versa. It's not working for me. Please can you write me out what I need to do in steps if I'm missing something. You mentioned needing to do something with the odfs, what do I need to do after adding the extra code? I usually just safe and munge then test in game.

I still don't understand and I really don't want to spoonfeed people.

If you're editing the files inside "assets" folder then you done messed up. If that's the case, delete and re-install the mod tools and follow these steps:

1) Fresh mod tools, if needed.
2) Fresh game install, if needed.
3) Make a new "data_MOD" folder, the 3 letter ID can be anything since we are not building a mod map.
4) Copy the "sides" folder from "assets" and paste it inside "data_MOD"
5) Inside data_MOD\Sides\Common\odf\ use Notepad++ to edit com_hero_default.odf and com_jedi_default.odf and look for FleeLikeAHero and change the 1 to 0.
6) Save changes to the ODF files and close Notepad++
7) Go to data_MOD\_Build\ and right-click munge.bat and press "Edit" and where it says "set SIDE_PARAMETERS=" make it look like "set SIDE_PARAMETERS=EVERYTHING"
8) Save changes to munge.bat then double click munge.bat to run it.
9) When the black CMD window goes away, the munge is done.
10) Copy the newly compiled .LVL files from data_MOD\_LVL_PC\Sides\ and then paste and replace them over the side .LVL files in the game's _LVL_PC\SIDE\ folder.

The reason we are using munge.bat instead of visualmunge is simple, we're not making a mod map. If you use visualmunge you will just have a empty pointless mod map taking up space in your game.

The reason I wrote the ODF method is that it is less work than the scripting method. It's way easier to edit two ODF files compared to 90+ scripts.

This is as far as I'm willing to go, best of luck.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 23, 2022, 11:49:15 PMI still don't understand and I really don't want to spoonfeed people.

If you're editing the files inside "assets" folder then you done messed up. If that's the case, delete and re-install the mod tools and follow these steps:

1) Fresh mod tools, if needed.
2) Fresh game install, if needed.
3) Make a new "data_MOD" folder, the 3 letter ID can be anything since we are not building a mod map.
4) Copy the "sides" folder from "assets" and paste it inside "data_MOD"
5) Inside data_MOD\Sides\Common\odf\ use Notepad++ to edit com_hero_default.odf and com_jedi_default.odf and look for FleeLikeAHero and change the 1 to 0.
6) Save changes to the ODF files and close Notepad++
7) Go to data_MOD\_Build\ and right-click munge.bat and press "Edit" and where it says "set SIDE_PARAMETERS=" make it look like "set SIDE_PARAMETERS=EVERYTHING"
8) Save changes to munge.bat then double click munge.bat to run it.
9) When the black CMD window goes away, the munge is done.
10) Copy the newly compiled .LVL files from data_MOD\_LVL_PC\Sides\ and then paste and replace them over the side .LVL files in the game's _LVL_PC\SIDE\ folder.

The reason we are using munge.bat instead of visualmunge is simple, we're not making a mod map. If you use visualmunge you will just have a empty pointless mod map taking up space in your game.

The reason I wrote the ODF method is that it is less work than the scripting method. It's way easier to edit two ODF files compared to 90+ scripts.

This is as far as I'm willing to go, best of luck.

Okay, so I just did the mission, the Jedi on knightfall do fall over when dying, but heroes don't... is there a way to make the heroes fall as well?