SWBF EA REBOOT - Who's buying it?

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 26, 2015, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to buy the SWBF Reboot by EA?

Pre-ordering/already pre-ordered it
10 (38.5%)
Planning to buy it/Waiting for price to drop
8 (30.8%)
Waiting to here more about it
2 (7.7%)
I don't think so
3 (11.5%)
Never buying it
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 16, 2015, 09:57:52 AM

October 26, 2015, 06:12:07 PM #16 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:17:09 PM by [FC]Elite
Already pre-ordered it for my Xbox.
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Quote from: Joseph on October 26, 2015, 04:39:26 PM
6% is a LOT of information, enough to make some good guesses about what the rest of the game will be like.

I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong. It's like watching the first ten minutes of a film you're not sure about and basing your entire opinion on those ten minutes without watching the rest.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Already pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition for PS4.  :)

"Battlefront" in the title is not the reason I would buy any game...

Quote from: Gistech on October 26, 2015, 03:47:57 PM
Let me expand: we've seen three levels, one per planet, and each of those is one mode from thirteen (totalling 3). The game has thirteen modes and all thirteen modes are available on all four planets. Even if we assume there's only one map per planet per mode, that's still 52 maps. That means we have seen less than 6% of what the game has to offer, prior to DLC.

I'd say 6% is WAY below how much we've actually experienced. Like I said, the content is completely different to the mechanics. We've seen about 80% of how the game is played and works already and about 18.75% of the maps. We've seen very little of the guns though. However, the Gameplay mechanics are the core element of how the game is played whereas the content sort of adds the skin onto the skeleton of the game. Meaning that we can still judge a LOT about how the game is going to turn out.
I'm just going to say this; wait until the game comes out, play it, and then we'll see how "different" it will seem.

However, I still do enjoy it. It just proves as the "odd one out" out of the Star Wars Battlefront series.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Gistech on October 27, 2015, 12:23:55 AM
I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong. It's like watching the first ten minutes of a film you're not sure about and basing your entire opinion on those ten minutes without watching the rest.

One can tell a lot about the quality of a movie from the first 10 minutes. In particular, one can form a good guess about whether one will like the entire movie or not. At least, I can.

Of course, that guess might be wrong. But it would be based on good information, and is likely correct.

Quote from: Joseph on October 27, 2015, 08:39:15 AM
One can tell a lot about the quality of a movie from the first 10 minutes. In particular, one can form a good guess about whether one will like the entire movie or not. At least, I can.

Of course, that guess might be wrong. But it would be based on good information, and is likely correct.

Exactly, that's why I'll be waiting for the release to see if the game is worth buying at full price.

Could you tell The Worlds End was a good movie from the first ten minutes? I couldn't. I found the first three-quarters-of-an-hour of it off-putting. Did that dissuade me from watching the rest of it, or later getting it on DVD? Nope. Because I viewed it as a whole.

Or, more in-line, you wouldn't have been able to tell how bad The Phantom Menace got on just the first ten minutes.

But, whatever, I'm not trying to change minds, just make a point.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I already went for the full package: THE ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!!

NO REGRETS!!!!

Only rebel scum do not pre-order Star Wars games.

Btw, how do I get that "I pre-ordered the game" badge on my forum profile?

October 29, 2015, 06:56:10 PM #25 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:08:48 PM by 411Remnant
Quote from: AiRJacobs on October 28, 2015, 09:06:17 PM
I already went for the full package: THE ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!!

NO REGRETS!!!!

Only rebel scum do not pre-order Star Wars games.

Well im certainly not going to waste my money on every game that slaps the star wars title on the cover. Ive got bills to pay and those who dont pre-order shouldn't feel bad for doing so. Nothing wrong with waiting for something cheaper down the line, patience is a virtue and is rewarded often.  At the end of the day, its the same game weather you play it at launch or a few months later.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: AiRJacobs on October 28, 2015, 09:06:17 PM

You have it but I don't :( How did you earn it?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I am buying my PS4 on Friday and I have pre-ordered the PS4 version (just the standard one). I get 20% off both purchases :D
In Progress:

On Hold:

Only a few more days!! Im excited for the campaign tbh.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios