Star Wars Battlefront Reboot: Rumours and Wild Thoughts

Started by TheGangstarTY, December 03, 2015, 11:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello all!

I named this "Rumours and Wild Thoughts" so it could be a place where we could all hope, imagine, dream or hear about new content, glitches, Easter eggs you name it. All in this one thread. A bit like the "I have an idea" thread but for the EA Reboot and not just for mods.

So the thing I want to kick this thread off with is the rumour of Clone Wars. Most of us at least want a bit of the Clone Wars since it's always been a core element to Star Wars and like the guy says in the video I'm about to show you, the game will always feel a bit empty without it. Even to some who may not like the Clone Wars as much as the Galactic Civil War.
In the video below this paragraph, you'll see a tweet made by EA be thoroughly explained along with the narrator coming up with some absolutely WILD thoughts that could possibly happen but we'll all (obviously) have doubts for. But oh well, we can always dream, right? Even if you think "Oh this is rubbish" right now, I suggest you watch it since the guy has a point. EA DON'T normally reply to questions like "Will there be Clone Wars" and if they do, it's often a straight up no. So take a look at the video:
https://youtu.be/XEu6laYBdlc (Not sure how to turn this into a video you can just watch here)
So now you've watched it, what are YOU'RE thoughts on this? Do you think it may happen? From EA's awful reputation it seems unlikely but it could still be a possibility.

Another question I'd like to ask some of you, what would YOU like to see in the four upcoming Expansion Packs? Also, what would you like to see for free DLC? For the Expansion Packs, I'd like to see:
1. Clone Wars
2. Space Battles (Because how awesome would that look with the graphics EA are currently using?)
3. Star Wars Episode VI - The Force Awakens DLC (Like the new Imperials)
4. The Old Republic
But these are all MASSIVE game changers so there's definitely doubts :rofl:

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts and hear rumours that you'd want to share. I'd also love to see what your opinions are on different rumours/thoughts.

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Maybe I was imagining things. I could have sworn I started a rumour mill thread here a while ago. Ah, well, might as well use this one.

Instant Action might be DLC.

In the video, it shows somebody asking a dev at DICE about whether they intend on including Instant Action in a future update. DICE responded by saying that it presents its own set of challenges that the single player team is looking in to, and that they are well aware of the large vocal majority who want instant action in the game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on December 03, 2015, 11:50:49 AM
Another question I'd like to ask some of you, what would YOU like to see in the four upcoming Expansion Packs? Also, what would you like to see for free DLC? For the Expansion Packs, I'd like to see:
1. Clone Wars
2. Space Battles (Because how awesome would that look with the graphics EA are currently using?)
3. Star Wars Episode VI - The Force Awakens DLC (Like the new Imperials)
4. The Old Republic
But these are all MASSIVE game changers so there's definitely doubts :rofl:

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts and hear rumours that you'd want to share. I'd also love to see what your opinions are on different rumours/thoughts.

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quote from: Gistech on January 02, 2016, 01:01:35 PM
Maybe I was imagining things. I could have sworn I started a rumour mill thread here a while ago. Ah, well, might as well use this one.

Instant Action might be DLC.

In the video, it shows somebody asking a dev at DICE about whether they intend on including Instant Action in a future update. DICE responded by saying that it presents its own set of challenges that the single player team is looking in to, and that they are well aware of the large vocal majority who want instant action in the game.

If they add Instant Action I will be playing this game a lot more often. In the video they mention how some players have unstable internet which makes this game unplayable. A lot of the time, this is me. So I'm all in if they add Instant Action.

However I'm not looking forward to paying limbs for the thing.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on January 02, 2016, 02:53:23 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble.

I noticed this idea was down the drain whe EA says: "This game will only be focused on the original trilogy"
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Well, my connection is middling. I sometimes alternate between "slow" and "bad" dependant on who else is using the wi-fi. So an Instant Action option would be welcome to me. However, I do want to see ranking up in there. Perhaps not as big rewards for ranking up as there are in multiplayer, but you should definitely rank up for playing single player.

Actually, they already have the AI there for one of the modes: they could just use the AI from Battles in Blast seeing as Battles is just Blast with tokens.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on January 04, 2016, 12:28:09 AM
Well, my connection is middling. I sometimes alternate between "slow" and "bad" dependant on who else is using the wi-fi. So an Instant Action option would be welcome to me. However, I do want to see ranking up in there. Perhaps not as big rewards for ranking up as there are in multiplayer, but you should definitely rank up for playing single player.

Actually, they already have the AI there for one of the modes: they could just use the AI from Battles in Blast seeing as Battles is just Blast with tokens.

The thing is though, will DICE give us the freedom of altering how many AI on each team/one map? If so, what are the limits? I mean, sure, I'd like to revisit the full scale battles of like 500 units at once (not sure but it seems like that) but can we at least have like, double the amount of players we're allowed in Walker Assault? It really doesn't feel like a small group of under 30 people should be under control of defending/attacking 1-2 AT-AT walkers.