Star Wars Battlefront EA Reboot: Reviews and Thoughts

Started by TheGangstarTY, November 19, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you like about Star Wars Battlefront Reboot? (Allowed 8 Votes Each)

I loved everything, money well spent!
I liked the graphics and sound, but the rest needs improvement.
I liked the gameplay and immersity.
I liked the amount of content.
It was all 50/50 (OK but not good enough)
I disliked the amount of content, needs more...
I disliked the gameplay and immersity, doesn't feel like Star Wars/Gameplay is a bit off.
I disliked the graphics and/or sound, the rest was OK.
I hated most of it, far from my standards.
Why did I spend my money on this?
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 03, 2015, 11:24:12 AM
I think the second map is for the blast mode type games.

Ah ok thanks ;) I'll check that game mode shortly
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

All the games I played today had really stacked teams.
Rebel air support on Jakku is really over powered due to the lack of cover, sure the wreckage covers you from infantry, but there's very little cover from aerial attack.

I'd have to say that the air battles are absolute :censored: on this. If there are more than 1 enemy air vehicle in the sky, don't use an air vehicle. You'll be shot down before you can remember what game you're playing.
Also, once someone get's a missile lock on you, it's impossible to dodge... unless you kamikaze into a rock. F1, F2 and F3 do absolutely NOTHING. Airspeeders are too slow too, you need 2 or more friendly air vehicles to support you.

Another bad thing is after the first patch, every weapon's been nurfed. I swear. Before, I could kill someone 2-3 hit with the A280 and now is takes 7-10 hits to kill them. Absolute :censored:

I knew DICE would do this. :rant:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I only like Blast mode, and hate half of the maps.  Time for a break  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The air battles are certainly a major disappointment.  I actively avoid the air vehicle powerups as I'll get shot down before helping my team in any way.  I keep the Ion Torpedo in my hand and fire them at air vehicles on my way to battle,   occasionally taking one down but mainly to them from strafing the battlefield. 

December 06, 2015, 08:16:22 AM #50 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:19:02 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: DarthMuffinMix on December 06, 2015, 08:08:55 AM
The air battles are certainly a major disappointment.  I actively avoid the air vehicle powerups as I'll get shot down before helping my team in any way.  I keep the Ion Torpedo in my hand and fire them at air vehicles on my way to battle,   occasionally taking one down but mainly to them from strafing the battlefield.

I might try that actually. The Ion Torpedo sounds like it's be great for Tatooine Walker Assault against air vehicles. It takes ages getting back into the heat of battle otherwise.

Quote from: Led on December 06, 2015, 07:22:50 AM
I only like Blast mode, and hate half of the maps.  Time for a break  :cheers:

Good call. The only game mode I like is Walker Assault since I've always admired the AT-AT walkers.

EDIT: Just noticed this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Found it quite amusing :rofl:

If someone know the youtuber Cynnical Brit he talked alot for the Battlefront and he said taht he totally dislike the game.If someone want you can watch him.This guy is sayin the TRUTH!This game is crap :D  Graphicall showoff!!!!

Quote from: Ginev on December 07, 2015, 04:30:29 PM
If someone know the youtuber Cynnical Brit he talked alot for the Battlefront and he said taht he totally dislike the game.If someone want you can watch him.This guy is sayin the TRUTH!This game is crap :D  Graphicall showoff!!!!

Yeah, well, that's just, like, his opinion, man.

I feel more obliged to side with Jim Fn Sterling Son on this game than TotalBiscuit.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

December 16, 2015, 08:10:11 PM #55 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:15:06 PM by 411Remnant
Total Biscuit does make some good points though. The first battlefronts were not perfect games, just like the new one. So things like having vehicles spawn in at posts helped hide some of the problems in the classic battlefronts because it helped sway our attention because we can just get in any vehicle willy nilly and go from there. The new pick system doesn't hide the flaws as much for the new battlefront. Still the new battlefront is a good game play wise, every review praises it for both the visuals and sound design. The only real problem is the lack of content from launch. The DLC is optional but 50 bucks for essentially multiplayer centered content is in my opinion a bad investment in the long run. Im sure the multiplayer will provide good times for at least a year more or less then poof.

Right now the single player content is garbage, in the next game they need to address some more offline single player stuff which I believe they stated they were going to do. Its too bad ill have to wait another 2 years to get something with the kind of content it should have had in the first place. On the plus side, the $340 I saved from cancelling my PS4 battlefront bundle has gone towards more Christmas gifts for my family and towards helping me collect some nice star wars memorabilia so that I can show my grandchildren one day.

I will eventually get the new battlefront, maybe when its in a more complete state at a more reasonable price.

The lead singer in the article, I don't necessarily agree for him to put a hissy fit in such a vuglar way, but at least he didn't bow down and sell out.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant