Playing the reboot on PS4?

Started by Lyza, November 16, 2015, 07:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys! While I wish I could have gotten Battlefront for PC my computer wouldn't run it, so I got it for PS4.

I am super excited for the game, but one of the disappointing things about it ofcourse, is that you can't create or join servers. It's fun to play with people you "know", so if anyone is interested in becoming friends on PSN so we can party up, send me a message. 

November 16, 2015, 11:17:16 PM #1 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:58:20 PM by Gistech
I'm on PSN now (I bought myself a brand new PS4 on Friday - the retailer I work for has a 20% colleague's discount event at the moment so I got it and COD Black Ops III for £210). My name there is underneath my avatar here. Unfortunately I have to wait until Thursday as they don't release it in the UK until the 19th.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I'm on PS4 as well. Spend all day in front of my computers for work so when it comes time to game I need a change of scenery.

PSN is below my avatar.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

Benn playing it on PS4 most of the day. I'm completely lousy with my controller. Much better with keyboard. I'll have to fiddle with my sensitivity settings I suppose. Still having lots of fun. Love the graphics.
BTW, I'm Ryanoceros876 on PS4

Well, I found the PS4 and Star Wars Battlefront bundle somewhere pretty cheap, my PSN is 'Ansifen'

I'm starting a division of =AaTc= for the PS4. You're welcome to join if you'd like. Or at least you can add me on PSN: AaTc_CmdrAwesome.

I'm still trying to figure out how to play on PS4, and use the controller, I'm new to PS4. But I like the game. There are a few things I'd like to see different, but the graphics are awesome. And the maps are much better than on the old SWBF 1/2. The different games (fighter squadron, etc.) are a good idea. Challenges are a good idea too. Not very fond, though, of the advantage some people have for playing a little longer... just a few days makes a huge difference, in fact too huge. I hope it levels off a bit over time.

Quote from: Ryanoceros on November 28, 2015, 11:13:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how to play on PS4, and use the controller, I'm new to PS4. But I like the game. There are a few things I'd like to see different, but the graphics are awesome. And the maps are much better than on the old SWBF 1/2. The different games (fighter squadron, etc.) are a good idea. Challenges are a good idea too. Not very fond, though, of the advantage some people have for playing a little longer... just a few days makes a huge difference, in fact too huge. I hope it levels off a bit over time.

I found it levelling off a little yesterday, I actually managed to get to the top of the leaderboard for a few games of blast and hero hunt.

Ah, I'm not that good. I've never played games online before :P So I'm up against people who cut their teeth on the many COD and Battlefield games before SWBF.

Although one could say I'm a very good Stormtrooper :P

I'll be playing tonight, if anybody's on. Just putting together a few models for my mod right now.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2015, 03:36:36 AM
I found it levelling off a little yesterday, I actually managed to get to the top of the leaderboard for a few games of blast and hero hunt.

Me too. I'm pretty decent on the fighter squadron. I got high score a few times. My high score was 8150, with honors in most kills and most damage to carries. I do okay on cargo, drop pods and droid recovery game. I'm horrible at the big battle games though. Although I've done okay on the walker maps a few times. I'm still not very good with the controller. I'll never be as good or comfortable as with a mouse and keyboard. But it's still fun anyway, just frustrating at times.

Don't have a PS. Is anyone on xbox1?  My id is listed.  :D