Sunday (or any other day) League

Started by Dresh, February 26, 2009, 04:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone interested in joining a DC league the same as the one I got just now as the_pi has just given me the key to displaying more than one draw (and managed to make me feel a bit stoopid at the same time)?

This will be a weekly thing same time every week (just need to sort a host for each match).  You guys do the draw, pick your own scoring system and own map pool and fight it out for the top pos!

sounds cool. Count me in. Only thing is the time issues. Sunday afternoons PST are generally good for me.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

I figured I'd leave you guys to pick to time as I am in a completely diff part of the world! Once things are set in motion its real easy to do!  See the league section in the thisiswar forum (click on my sig) for how it works! Any part of it can be tailored to suit, it would be your league!!  If we get a few more folks interested can someone rattle up a coming soon movie and put it on youtube and I'll get it on the site!

Are you 2 happy with kicking things off just the 2 of you?  You need to sign up at thisiswar.co.uk so I can add you to a league table, Mac, you're already a member so youre good to go!

If you've not read the TiW forum here's the lowdown:

This is a individually scored fun league.  All scores are averaged so it's not a big deal if you cant make one of the matches.  Each match consists of 4 scored rounds, the top 2 scores from these games are used to compile the league table.  Each week players sign up for the draw so we know who is intending to play!  Then a draw is filmed and posted (via youtube) on the site, you check out this draw to find out what the teams are and what maps will be played! The scoring system for each round currently in place is:

Scored (kills + 2xCP's) - Conceded (deaths) + Bonus = Points

here are the bonus':

Winning Round : +10
Dead eye : +5
Public Enemy : +5
Survivalist : +5
Killing spree : +5
Tank Buster : +5
Camper : +0
Bantha Fodder : -5
Traitor : -5

If you guys currently use a scoring system for the tournys we can use that if you want?

It's a good idea to play on the same day and time each week. So you need to set a time and day that you feel you can stick to each week. For example the TiW league is played on Sundays at 8pm GMT.  You also need to name your league and let me know what maps you want to use for a map pool.

I'll try to play since I helped set this up :P

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I signed up.

The only thing is, what is the pword for the Teamspeak sever.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

the TS server is offline just now as the host is updating stuff! The password is on the menu that you will see when it comes back online!

k, cool.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

You guys still need to pick a name for the league...any ideas? The table is up and I just threw in MPC Gamers as a name but I think it should be changed!

BF league. Battlefront league. Simple.

OK, We got 4 players..I reckon that is enough to start with!  The league table is up and I'll make a little coming soon movie for the league.
You guys need to decide on a day and time to play the matches and we're good to go!.  I'll maybe join when i see what time you guys wanna play...damn time difference! lol

I'm on This Is War and can't really find the new league, haha.

//http://thisiswar.co.uk/plugins/league_table/table.php

The mpc table is minimized, and to get to this page click on League in the top bar

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"